Hacking @g6team, has Kaura been canceled?

dsrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
got a reply fromt he M3Team:

the reason it's been taken off is because it has been hacked to run on other flashcarts
it won't be release again until further protections are added

maybe because of Xenon++'s hacks??? that's why they also blocked iTouch and R4iRTS to run on M3Real

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
dsrules said:

the reason it's been taken off is because it has been hacked to run on other flashcarts

maybe because of Xenon++'s hacks??? that's why they also blocked iTouch and R4iRTS to run on M3Real
I dunno, it sounds like hacked to run on other flashcarts does sound a lot like what you guys were doing...but maybe there actually was someone that hacked Kaura and could put it on a different flashcart xD.

dsrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't see any news of it running on other flashcarts like R4, Acekard, etc...
but, I thought I've heard Xenon++ hacked it to run on a Japanese M3Real, I'm not sure if that's the case as there is no official Kaura support for Japanese M3Real(s), they might not want Kaura to be running on it for whatever reasons.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dsrules said:
I didn't see any news of it running on other flashcarts like R4, Acekard, etc...
but, I thought I've heard Xenon++ hacked it to run on a Japanese M3Real, I'm not sure if that's the case as there is no official Kaura support for Japanese M3Real(s), they might not want Kaura to be running on it for whatever reasons.

But for some reason they feel the need to give the Japanese cards Sakura first?

That doesn't add up.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dsrules said:

awesome!_! i need to figure out how that person did that so i can use it on my r4

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well P_M3Reng.vbs/M3Reng.m3p works for Kaura too (except Sakura.eng).

I should not have downloaded jeremy's file... Should I quit NDS before get killed like Rudolph?

Anyway I'm sorry they have abondoned Jpn carts.

Now TouchPod(J) filesystem error1 should be new protection.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
Well P_M3Reng.vbs/M3Reng.m3p works for Kaura too (except Sakura.eng).

I should not have downloaded jeremy's file... Should I quit NDS before get killed like Rudolph?

Anyway I'm sorry they have abondoned Jpn carts.

Now TouchPod(J) filesystem error1 should be new protection.
i use this how???

dsrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
it's hacked to run on "iTouch, iTouch2, R4i RTS, R4i SDHC, R4 SDHC, only enter into the BootMenu menu, start the cherry blossoms and TouchPod will crash"

what's the big deal? those cards are all made by the same company

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
dsrules said:
it's hacked to run on "iTouch, iTouch2, R4i RTS, R4i SDHC, R4 SDHC, only enter into the BootMenu menu, start the cherry blossoms and TouchPod will crash"

My thoughts exactly, that might be the reason why the locked out iTouch from the Real? What's the point? it's not like it's a totally different company and they are losing money off it, well they might be losing some sales on the iTouch, but then again that card never really sold too much to begin with.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsrules said:

Wait so you can run Sakura on the R4 RTS?

By the way my friend just got a R4 SDHC from M3 Team, not the RTS version. Is there a way he could run RTS on it?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
dsrules said:

Wait so you can run Sakura on the R4 RTS?

By the way my friend just got a R4 SDHC from M3 Team, not the RTS version. Is there a way he could run RTS on it?

No, they already stated that is freezes and crashes when going into Sakura or Touchpod. The only one that works is Kaura (and on top of that no one knows how it was done).

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Xenon++ said:
I don't understand why you keep calling it "Jeremy's file"...that file you are using was made by Rudolph. Jeremy is just some random member on here that uploaded it to some site.
In my opinion, I think it would be a good idea to desist from using the file (and spreading it), if for no other reason that owners of M3 products are not disadvantaged by firmware enhancement delays, etc.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dark^'^Knight said:
In my opinion, I think it would be a good idea to desist from using the file (and spreading it), if for no other reason that owners of M3 products are not disadvantaged by firmware enhancement delays, etc.

It seems that's right. I have searched:
Code:
mov r0,#0xCD
bl ...
And checked all "..." (the same address). If it was SPI 0xCD call, I patched it with:
CODEmov r0,#0x...;depend on cart
bx r14
But it doesn't work.

This means my search isn't enough nor Rudolph's method won't work anymore...

#If at least one of m3_g.dat, m3_m.dat, menu.*, minigame.* is updated, it won't work...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
DeltaBurnt said:
Are you saying the latest touchpod won't work with the hex boot now? Or just newer iTouchDS versions?
No, from what I know it works fine, it's just the iTouch, which is why I replaced it with R4i RTS firmware

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse