Hacking G6's Soft Reset not working for Phantom Hourglass?

VenomSymbiote

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happen to anyone else? I get a pink background on the top screen when I try to set soft reset. It works fine if I turn it off, but it's a bit annoying. Saves will still work if I turn it off/on right away, right?

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
umm i get a data saving error message ... in a g6 lite with manager v4.8, but im still trying every option... lets see

VenomSymbiote

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you mean by what configurations I'm using. G6 DS Real 16g by the way, if that matters. I have tried turning it off and on right away again, which does keep the save. I'm just not certain why the soft reset isn't working. As for which release it is, I also don't know. :/ The only thing in the download I had which may be who it's from is (iND)?

swiitness

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the mute release and I can't even boot up the game, soon after I select it from the menu it boots up a pink screen and gets stuck there.

I dunno if trimming the ROM has anything to do with this, but I will try another release when I get home from work.

Tenement Funster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the mute release and I can't even boot up the game, soon after I select it from the menu it boots up a pink screen and gets stuck there.

I dunno if trimming the ROM has anything to do with this, but I will try another release when I get home from work.

Try loading it with soft reset off. Mine will load like that, but, of course, I can't save the game, so what's the point.

VenomSymbiote

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Try loading it with soft reset off. Mine will load like that, but, of course, I can't save the game, so what's the point.

Why can't you save? Do you mean because you can't soft reset? If you turn the DS off and on again right after, the save will stay.

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I patched mine with the arm-7 fix , but it still won't save. Soft reset works fine on my Chinese G6 lite however. It shows that it is saving in game, as well as when I soft reset to the main menu, however, upon rebooting the game, the save is lost. Instead, the game says a new save has been created.

Any other G6 lite users having saving issues with this game?

tiggerdn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here, black screen and nada, with 2 different dumps. guess ill wait till someone figures it out and can save with the soft reset.

I have a g6ds real 16m w/ the non pink firmware screen 2.1 i think

thsprgrmscks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using G6-Lite

I can't save, having the same problems as everyone else

Can get it to load with soft-reset off

Kinda sucks. Help would be nice. 4.8D Loader

Tenement Funster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why can't you save? Do you mean because you can't soft reset? If you turn the DS off and on again right after, the save will stay.

I tried it with Jump! Ultimate Stars and I think I may have corrupted my save (but I can't tell because it's japanese and all). Good thing I have a backup. It worked ace with Megaman ZX though, neat trick. Thanks.

Tenement Funster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems the turn off/on method is really unreliable. My Zelda save got corrupted from it
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head