Hacking G6Real or R4 + 1GB JPN Kingston?

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered a R4 with my gaminglagoon account. It just occurred to me that i could have gotten a G6Real instead. Should I cancel the order and get a G6Real instead?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It comes down to whether you prefer internal or external memory. Each have their ups and downs.

G6Real has a higher compatibility however (in a single game - Tony Hawk: DJ)

ssoccerh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
g6 wont have lags on most games

with the r4 you need a good memory card for no lags on castlevania but not on g6 because there is internal memory

also if you want slightly better download play go with the g6

and the g6 is the only card available that can connect to the wii

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, it looks like it doesn't matter. i can't convince gaminglagoon to buy one for me. seems they have a problem with grey area devices.

EDIT: on their forums, a guy said he got an R4 from echostore.com after his request was denied from dealextreme. i just tried again for a G6 Real on the other site. Hopefully, it'll go through this time.

shadowme2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think G6 DS Real would have been a better choice. At least it seems better for me. But i think it's up to you to decide, just read the review's and think!

THUD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you thought about the Ncard 2GB, I use a MK5 16g (2GB) bought it for £40 that UK money and I haven't found one game that doesn't work, and all homebrew I have used like DS comic and DSorganize run perfectly, its quick and you can skin the layout also, see my signiture.

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I chose the G6Real because i like the idea that it doesn't patch the ROMs at all. I think that will have a big impact on compatibility in the future. Plus, the reviews are outstanding. I'm not concerned about it not being expandable because i'm coming from an M3 CF Perfect that i used with a 256MB compact flash card, so 1GB is still a pretty big leap forward in storage. Hell, I never played more than 2 or 3 games at a time anyway, which still left me room on that 256MB CF card. So, yeah, G6 Real is the one for me!
biggrin.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I chose the G6Real because i like the idea that it doesn't patch the ROMs at all. I think that will have a big impact on compatibility in the future. Plus, the reviews are outstanding. I'm not concerned about it not being expandable because i'm coming from an M3 CF Perfect that i used with a 256MB compact flash card, so 1GB is still a pretty big leap forward in storage. Hell, I never played more than 2 or 3 games at a time anyway, which still left me room on that 256MB CF card. So, yeah, G6 Real is the one for me!
biggrin.gif

It does patch roms (but nothing the user must do - it does it automatically)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: Ive never done that before