Hacking G6lite Order in Europe

geolyte

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does someone know an Reseller who is going to sell the G6lite in Europe? Not in 2 oder 3 Monts.. that would be too late for me... or would a centralised buying make any sense? i have no Problem paying 80 or 90$ for it but when i see those shipping-costs from winsunx and psxbox and the possibilty i have to pay extra taxes it will go up to 100+$.....

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
But even with import charges it's still by far the cheapest option available atm I think?

I'm willing to pay about £50 to get one delivered, I think psxbox.net will fall into this category, even with import charges.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
psxbox.net are going to be accepting PayPal soon.

Yes but that does not solve the extra tax fee problem if you import a "large enough" package.
european douane sucks monkeyballs.

let them mark it as a gift and put $10 value, my package with the g6 lite and 20 supercard minisd got past the customs no problem
biggrin.gif
And yes it was from psxbox
smile.gif

Jefklak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Wait, 20 supercards?
ohmy.gif
Must have been a large package then. Cool.
Hm, I think I'll wait until the 8gbit or 1gbyte version appears in shops.
If the difference is only $20, i'll buy that one.

nunofgs

Trophies
Website
nunofgs.fecktory.com
XP
Country
psxbox.net are going to be accepting PayPal soon.

Yes but that does not solve the extra tax fee problem if you import a "large enough" package.
european douane sucks monkeyballs.

let them mark it as a gift and put $10 value, my package with the g6 lite and 20 supercard minisd got past the customs no problem
biggrin.gif
And yes it was from psxbox
smile.gif

yeah, the problem is the bank charges... I called my bank to complete the transfer and then they told me it would cost 29€ JUST FOR THE BANK CHARGES (because psxbox makes you pay for the sending and receiving charges aswell).
That puts the g6 lite at 90€...

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Grrr, I feel like everyone's ignoring me!
smile.gif

I've posted in quite a few G6 Lite threads on this board that I've recieved confirmation from psxbox.net that within two weeks they'll be accepting PayPal.

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
I'm interested in finding European shops that would deliver to Spain (and not pay too much for import taxes).

If one were to purchase one G6 Lite IN China (by physically going there and buying one in say... Hong Kong) would those come with just Chinese firmware/interface or would it be possible to upgrade/change the firmware to English one?

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
yeah, the problem is the bank charges... I called my bank to complete the transfer and then they told me it would cost 29€ JUST FOR THE BANK CHARGES (because psxbox makes you pay for the sending and receiving charges aswell).

That's really strange, my bank charges €5 to transfer the money and the bank of china charges me €2 to get the money. That €7 total for transferring. Do you use the SWIFT code? and do you use internet banking?

nunofgs

Trophies
Website
nunofgs.fecktory.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

That's really strange, my bank charges €5 to transfer the money and the bank of china charges me €2 to get the money. That €7 total for transferring. Do you use the SWIFT code? and do you use internet banking?

Yes I used the SWIFT code and I do user internet banking... the problem is that my bank doesn't have direct contracts with chinese banks so they have to pass through a "middle-man" bank which adds those ridiculous charges
frown.gif

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
I've not looked into it, but if anyone knows whether Lloyds TSB are cheap or not via online banking, please let me know ;-)

If not, I'll wait an extra week or two for tem to allow PayPal.

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
That's my plan too really. psxbox.net seem like a good company to deal with, despite the shoddy payment options. They've sent me some very informative and friendly e-mails, so would like to give them my custom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all