OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
it happens again.
just wanted to test snemulDS 0.5b, so i inserted my working G6Lite into my Usb ports, and nothing happens.
not even blue LEDs, and in my computer it says a Removable Device that when i click on, it says to insert a disk into drive L:
fuck.

tried cleaning contacts, didnt work.
tried testing with GBA mode (L+R+A+B) and it said its ok.
tested with my both windows XPs (both are on one machine), none found it and no blue LED on either of them.

and i'm not using a hub or cable, i'm connecting my u-disk burner into my USB ports directly.

dont have backups for my Castlevania: Circle of Blood which is so hard.

what do u suggest?

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
solved it!

by cleaning the contacts with a pencil eraser! heeeeeehah!
i knew it was with contacts, i found it out before and helped some but this time, it was little different.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
guess what, i was in middle of Feel The Magic XX/XY and then suddenly went to test if G6 gets detect by windows or not, guess what, it did!

so i think when ur G6 is not recognized by ur windows, u have to first clean it, then wait one or two days, then try to format it. (if u want to get back ur files, if not, format already)

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
this thread looks like "My Diaries of G6" or "G6 and Me, the troubles" !

so, after i recovered my files, i freshly formatted with MPutility and thought its good to go, so i played Zalda finally and after 2days, i went to backup my save files, its good to mention that i didnt use Soft Reset mode, not in DS mode, nor in GBA mode to prevent corruption (as one of old users suggested that using soft reset causes the G6's corruption), and guess what, it didnt recognized by XP. guess how i was.

and then i remembered my last opinion about G6 (in my last post), so i put it in G6 again, played a little, then put it again in USB, guess what, it worked again.

damn, i have to get a Slot-1 solution with a 3-in-1, since no one knows which of these 3 or 4 current ones is better, maybe i wait till xmas, if devs have something, they'll show it till xmas, right?

so, if ur G6 is not recognized:
1- clean the contacts
2- play with it again and then again test it
3- use other ports
4- wait a day or two, then do the above tests.

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whenever I get this problem, it happens about 30 times but once my pc sees it again, it's fine for many weeks.

All I do is; pull out the U-Disk burner, remove the cart and plug it in again.

Repeat as necessary.

It's wierd but I know the contacts are always clean on both the burner and cart - like I say; once it works the problem won't occur again for many weeks...

Try it again. Then just try one more time.

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lol.

No I meant trying again and again until the PC recognises it - I've had it anything up to 30 times before it worked...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: