G6lite + Flashme recovery help!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by dtjesus, Aug 15, 2006.

Aug 15, 2006
  1. dtjesus
    OP

Newcomer dtjesus Member

Ireland
    hey all. yesterday i flashed my new DS lite with my G6 lite and all went well. but today i went to flash my brothers DSL and it was going fine till when it came to 62% the system shut off. I dont know why it shut off cos it was plenty charged and was plugged in. but anyway i tried to use the recovery mode by holding a+b+start+select when turning it on. it loaded up the G6 menu but the touch screen wouldn't work. so then i deleted everything off the G6L except the flashme.nds. it still booted up but because the touch screen or the buttons dont work I can't load up the flashme program. is this the fault of the g6? it works perfectly in my DSL. by the way, the I'm using the latest firmware version if that makes any difference(V4.2b). any help is appreciated. I wouldn't mind if it was my DSL but my brothers and i think he thinks i did it on purpose. help! :'(

2. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    the G6 seems to load up some additional modules that are ignored when using flashme's recovery mode. You do have 2 options though.

1. Find another cart such as M3 or SC that would help you.
    2. Do a bios hotswap to complete flashing. (research this)

3. dtjesus
    OP

Newcomer dtjesus Member

Ireland
    thanks for the reply outphase. damn thats a shame about the G6. I don't know anybody with another cart so option 2 is probably the best option unless he can return it to the shop. I read somewhere somebody mentioned hotswapping the Bios but I've searched everywhere for a guide for this but i can't find anything. anybody know anything about doing this?

4. meangreenie

Banned meangreenie Banned

United Kingdom
    Make sure you have the passcard out when trying to use flashme's recovery mode.

5. pelago

Member pelago Member

United Kingdom
    meangreenie, that's good advice in general but won't help with the G6, unfortunately.

6. dtjesus
    OP

Newcomer dtjesus Member

Ireland
    its ok now, he just brought it back to the shop and got a new one, no questions asked. thanks for the help still.

7. Zelion

Zelion Newbie

On the G6 theres a filename that will automaticaly launch if you have it on your cart, should have renamed the flashme.nds to that. I don't know exactly the filename for it, but im sure you can find it on the G6 website.
    I just posted this encase this crap happens to you again. [​IMG] You never know!

8. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    which file would this be? I am not aware of such a file that starts automatically....it tries to use the loader which is the problem.