Hacking G6dumper?

Solver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found something called G6dumper which appears to be a ROM dumper. If you google it you'll find it, but it's only mentioned on one site (which is in Spanish). So I'm worried to try it (don't want to brick my DS). Anybody seen/tried this? If it's not for real, is there a ROM dumper for the G6? I've seen reference to one for the M3, but (1) I haven't found it, (2) it's not specifically for the G6 (although some have claimed that it works), and (3) it has compatibility problems. So maybe G6dumper is our salvation! Thanks for the info.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It appears that the M3 dumper only works with G6 if your ds is flashed. I tried it with my unflashed ds and it didn't work. Someone else said it worked on their flashed ds.

dtjesus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried a dumper called wrg-dumper.nds.gba but It doesn't work on the g6 . i think it might be the m3 one you guys were talking about. (and my ds is flashed btw) I'm not sure the about the spanish thing. i translated what the guy who posted it said with google:

"In order to remove the games single you must enter NDSGAME and on a game to press the Select later and DS Card->Default, when it asks to the one of Replace save to you? you press with the pencil on the Ok or the button To, but then borraria you the game of the game where you had pressed the Select (it usease, the game nombredeljuego.0). I not to have to erase nothing, which I have done is to pillar three empty games to me, the,0,1 and,2 and have along with put them dumper.nds within folder NDS, and if pulse the A loads the application to create my backups and if I give select (upon dumper) or I can copy the game of the game that I have inserted in the groove of, if she wanted to remove games from other games, above single tendria that to copy the game default to,1 or,2 (also with the Select), to put another game in the groove and to return to make he himself process. Also I have created an icon of the G6 so that one is in screen, good, I do not coil myself but and I leave it here in case te/os it interests, the content is this: "

its a really bad translation. but i dunno.

edit: does anyone lnow of any way to dump GBA games with a g6? the wrg-dumper does it but not with the g6.

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dumper I have on my G6L has this readme on it:

It is able to dump all current NDS games included 1Gbit and protected games.

Flash card Backup time Loader Version
===============================================
G6 1min50s (V3.XX coming soon)
M3-CF 3min32s (x18 or above)
M3-SD 22min32s (x18 or above)

The reading speed of M3-SD is same as M3-CF. However, it is necessary to calculate the CRC code for writing. Thus, it is necessary to take much more time for backing up the game data.

Step:
=====
1. Run "Dumper.nds" in M3.
2. Press "select" button
3. Follow the message form the screen until finish.
4. It is necessary to remove the NDS game card and re-insert the game card into NDS card slot directly. (It is valid for flashme or passme.)
5. A ".NDS" data will be created under the directory of "CleanRomDump".

And it works
smile.gif

I got it from this forum too I think, the filename was dumper.rar (well it was either here or on maxconsole.net).

brassica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried the dumper with Super Mario 64 Eur and the crc differs from the one already dumped as 0022.
This dumper isn't as good as the WRG one, it needs an update I guess.

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you 100% sure Qrayzie that you cant use a flashed DS and a G6 and the dumper tool? I know I used the M3 to dump but I thought a while back I also tested on my G6. My flashed Ds is not with me right now to confirm

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can't dump GBA with the G6, you should be able to dump NDS though. It's important to have a flashed DS - if you try and use a PassCard/PassMe/etc the dump will not be correct.

Solver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't dump GBA with the G6, you should be able to dump NDS though. It's important to have a flashed DS - if you try and use a PassCard/PassMe/etc the dump will not be correct.

1. So are you specifically talking about the FlashMe update?
2. Is there some other way to "flash" a DS?
3. Can you back up your existing DS firmware?
4. What is the likelihood of bricking your DS doing that (as long as one is careful)?

Thx

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Yes, FlashMe.

2. With a current generation DS, no. With an original DS and the right hardware you could do WiFiMe, but that's not feasible anymore.

3. Yes.

4. Very small. 0.0001% if you follow the instructions correctly.

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3. Yes.

Okay, great! Thanks for all of the answers. My last question (for the moment
happy.gif
) is, regarding #3 (backing up your existing firmware), how does one do that? Does that capability (and the ability to restore it) come with the FlashMe software?

There's some program (i forgot the name) that can back up the firmware on a DS, but the only person who tried it said it locked up on a DS Lite. Flashme can't do this because it doesn't recognize the Lite's firmware.

Solver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But FlashMe does work on the Lite, right?

And Qrayzie, do you know how I can (safely) back up my "stock" firmware?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night