G6DS Real with 3 in 1... can't run browser, help

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by chakraenergy, Jul 24, 2007.

1. chakraenergy
    OP

Newcomer chakraenergy Newbie

Hi I just got my Ez Flash 3 in 1 in the mail today and spent all day trying to get the browser to work. I don't care about the rumble or the gba games, although I got both of those to work (tried Zelda for GBA, and Elite Beat Agents for rumble).

The (e) browser has been patched for the 3 in 1. I get this message "Bookmark data corrupt. All bookmarks will be lost." and then it crashes. I also tried patching 3 different copies of the browser afterwards... same problem.

I've tried Rudolf's tool (v1.9), but no matter how many times I press R or L the only menu options are PSRAM mode and NOR mode... nothing else, no RAM option or Rumble adjustments.

What am I doing wrong!?
    I'd greatly appreciate any help I can get.

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    RAM and Rumble are only for the R4/M3S and DSLink. All you can use with Rudolph's Tool on the G6R are the GBA functions.

Are you sure you're getting the right patch? You can't just use any patch, there is a specific one created for the 3in1

3. chakraenergy
    OP

tried
    OPERA_3in1.BDF
    3IN1_Opera.ips
    OPERA_31.BDF.

Could my 3 in 1 be defective? Are the bookmarks saved on slot-1 or 2?

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    It's OPERA_31.BDF, and it was originally posted here: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=4262

It doesn't sound like a RAM expansion issue, it should just say that it can't find the expansion cart if that were the case. You can test the RAM by running a GBA game in PSRAM mode with the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool.

The bookmarks should be saved in the browser's save file on the G6R.

5. chakraenergy
    OP

Thanks a bunch for all the quick responses. I formatted the G6DS Real and downgraded the system file to 2.0. Works great... I don't know if the downgrading did anything but hey it works.