G6DS Real + Rudolph's NDS Backup 3in1 Tool

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by hanman, Mar 26, 2008.

Mar 26, 2008
  1. hanman
    OP

Member hanman I'm a pretty lucky guy

United States
    i posted this over in the EZ board, but i didn't get a response, so i thought i'd ask again here (i probably should have in the first place)

i'm trying to use Rudolph's NDS Backup tool 3in1 to backup my G6DS Real firmware to use soft reset with his GBA Exploder loader. i can backup the ROM, at which point it erases the NOR, copies to NOR, then tells me it has to restart to finish the job. when i restart and load the tool up again, it says "The continuation of processing is executed. (A) :Run, (B) :Cancel". naturally, i press (A) to continue, but it doesn't seem to do anything. i'm sure it's something i'm missing, but nothing i've tried thus far works. has anyone used this tool to successfully backup the G6DS Real for this purpose?

2. Thanubis

Banned Thanubis Banned

United States
  3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    If the NDS Backup Tool is writing the dump to the 3-in-1 but it won't finish the job, you could try dumping the 3-in-1 with GBALdr (hold R when you start the program).

4. hanman
    OP

Member hanman I'm a pretty lucky guy

United States
    well, i backed it up to the 3in1 one more time to try your suggestion, Destructobot, and i'll be damned if it didn't work. i tried at least 5 times before i posted. weird, but whatever. thanks anyway.

5. leolight

Newcomer leolight Newbie

Korea, South
    Hi,

The backup nds file is in /NDS_Backup folder.

If there is no backup file in the folder, you should edit a file.
    There is an ini file for NDS Backup tool 3in1, like NDS_Backup_ tool_ 3in1.ini.
    Open the file and change the 'SaveFile' value, 0 to 256 and save the file.
    Then try whole procedure again.