Hacking G6DS Real Review

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have released my G6DS Real review. Itt very detailed and include many images, guides, lists, and more. New post below explains more:

Moddz.com has finally finished its anticipated G6DS Real review! You can read the review from the link below and then discuss it in the comments section of this news post. This is the most detailed review of the G6DS Real from any site thus far and includes information such as: DS Download Play working list, clean ROM support list, hidden device features, battery life times, device setup/walk-through guide, and more!

FifthE1ement said:
Performance on the G6DS Real makes up for most of the devices’ shortcomings and demonstrates that the G6/M3 team is still one of the best linker manufacturers. Overall anyone can safely use the G6DS Real without any compatibility and performance issues, as no major tweaking, or even prior linker knowledge is required.
Read the Review

Enjoy,

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Here's a little tip which might help your self-proclaimed "most detailed" review get a bit more exposure: NEVER require people to sign up to read a review. We don't force anyone to do that. Why are you? Also, why are you on a competing site advertising your review? I don't see shaun, Costello, Opium or myself over there bragging about our reviews.

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not bragging about the review? I visit GBATemp also and I saw other users post links to their reviews so I did the same. Its not meant to hurt GBATemp in any way and I didn't even post a direct link to the site. I wouldn't mind if you came over and posted a link to any of your reviews. We encourage users to post their reviews or post links to other sites. We allow any and all content (legal) that anyone wants to post. Reviews, sites, news, etc... This post was not intended to encroach upon anyone's territory.

FifthE1ement
grog.gif

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not bragging about the review? I visit GBATemp also and I saw other users post links to their reviews so I did the same. Its not meant to hurt GBATemp in any way and I didn't even post a direct link to the site. I wouldn't mind if you came over and posted a link to any of your reviews. We encourage users to post their reviews or post links to other sites. We allow any and all content (legal) that anyone wants to post. Reviews, sites, news, etc... This post was not intended to encroach upon anyone's territory.

FifthE1ement 
grog.gif
Moddz is indeed one of our competitors as well as colleagues, as is DualScene, DS-Scene, GBA-TMW, etc. I'm not saying that we have to consider one another as enemies, and we should not. I get along quite well with other staff members from all the other sites, including yours. The issue here is that you taking your site's review and placing it here is indeed a slap in the face. Proclaiming yours as "most detailed" is a kick in the pants to shaunj66's review here or possibly my 2nd Opinion review when I'm good and ready to publish it. The point is that while your intentions may not have been to offend, they can be perceived as so.

I'll give Moddz credit. You're one of the few elite sites to view DS and GBA (and Wii) flash card / mod chip and homebrew news out there. Even though I have spotted you plagurizing my news posts a few times (remember G6DSR v.1.1? I do.), I have just dusted it off and moved on. Moddz is its own entity. You don't need to be on GBATemp's forums to advertise your site's review. You want a neutral place to advertise? Try M3-Forum. They have no review structure there except that anyone can post a review if they want. It was in bad taste in my opinion. Whether the staff here agrees with me or not, that's their call. As I say, these are my opinions.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
GBAtemp Rules said:
Advertising

Members are not allowed to create topics or posts intended only to promote or advertise their own or any website(s) without staff permission.

Members may link to their own website/forum in their signature and profile as long as the advert is non-obtrusive.

Although this topic could be considered a breach I'll leave it. A review is a review....even if people need to sign up to view it. I haven't signed up so I can't debate your 'most detailed' claim.

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaDDaWg836, thanks for the kind words. I'm very proud of my work and its very hard to write a review that is very detailed and that gives the reader a viewpoint from every angle. Not to mention all of the image manipulation and time that goes into reviewing. Its a great read for anyone interested in this new device.

Thanks again,

FifthE1ement
grog.gif

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
I know both TheSpade and FifthE1ement from the M3-Forum and I just gotta say you both need to calm down. Yes, Fifth has been pretty much torn to shreds for the whole "register to view" stuff. And yes, he should know that's not a plus because everyone in the M3-Forum has already told him that's not a good way to get people to read his reviews.

I have to agree with TheSpade on this one, but I do not think Fifth was trying to take any visitors from GBA Temp... was he advertising... yeah, but still it's all for the sake of the DS Scene, no? Either way we're helping the G6/M3 Team which is a plus, so let it be. That's all I can say about this.

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I for one have seen Fifth advertise his site here on more than one occasion.. So this isn't exactly the first offense..

But anyways, always good to have more than one detailed review available to be read

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't force anyone to sign up, I just thought people would like to see another POV as someone else also posted their review and I thought I would add my two cents. I also didn't post a link with the URL as I'm not trying to garner support. I consider myself a lot like Fox News, lol, I report you decide.
yaynds.gif

FifthE1ement
grog.gif

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
@Fifth: Maybe you should have said in your initial post that people are required to sign up to read your review? Maybe that would've kept people a little calmer.
smile.gif

bigboy85zz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idea! which ever review can give the price for the g6dsreal first will be the most detailed review. until then, all shall be average

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs