G6DS Real Questions.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by flai, Jul 15, 2007.

Jul 15, 2007

G6DS Real Questions. by flai at 10:30 PM (662 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. flai
    OP

Member flai Androgynous Apparently :)

United Kingdom
    I'm thinking of picking one up in the next few days and I just had a few questions about it. Is the compatibility of ROMS good and can I convert my old M3 Lite (.DAT) saves to the G6 format? And if I don't need to convert will they still work? Thanks!

2. T!b0

Newcomer T!b0 Advanced Member

France
    Well I have a G6 (slot-2) and just ordered a G6Real.

As far as I know from reviews and comments from people owning a G6Real, the rom compatibility is 100%, and all running at perfect speed.
    I think I read download play compatibility is very good but not 100%.
    And the last thing you could say that's not so cool about the G6 is that the DLDI patch for homebrews is not yet perfect but it was just released.

As for saves converting, I'm pretty much sure it's possible as I remember doing it for my G6 (slot-2) a while ago and the save type for G6 (slot-2) and G6 Real is the same (.0, .1, .2 => you can have three savefiles for a game).
    I don't remember if I just renamed it or used a software (was more than a year ago when I messed up a savefile and downloaded one to replace it)... So you'll need to do a research for that!

3. flai
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thank you very much! Download play honestly doesn't bother me that much, I have never really made use of the function, only WiFi really. DLDI doesn't bother me too much either but I know its quite a recent flashcart so the support will improve. I will try to find out how to convert my saves because that is quite important.

4. T!b0

Newcomer T!b0 Advanced Member

France
  5. flai
    OP

United Kingdom
    Wow, thank you so much. I was searching around for a while with no avail but this is great.