Hacking g6ds real or ds extreme

pizzaman2893

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to get the g6ds real really badly but I just read the review for the ds extreme and the ds extreme sounds a lot better to me. so which one would you say is better to get?

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i think there needs to be a comparative review done on the two cards to get a better understanding of which one is better. DS extreme was reviewed when there were few slot one options out whilst g6 real there were a flood of slot 1. i say get the g6 real. but if you cant wait then got for something like the R4. you want something with better support than the DS extreme.

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't feel like getting an R4 (for whatever reason) stick with the G6, the DSX is overrated and expensive for its small size. Don't mean to troll, but I believe the G6 Real is superior, both update wise and in its capacity/price ratio.

Chockbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm also having huge headaches over which of these two cards to buy. Ds-xtreme seems to have high compatibility, painless to use and no other little bits and pieces I need to worry about. The support, however, concerns me to they seem to be updating their firmware at an agonizing rate and wasting time on silly skinning updates. The exposed USB is worrying too. The G6 Real looks even better to me they seem to update all the time but they apparently lied about 100% muiltiplayer compatibility so that makes me wary about the company and buying their products...can I trust them? G6 real also has an in-built cheat function which I really want, and ds-xtreme don't seem to care about adding it. While the R4ds looks great I much prefer in-built memory I lose little memory chips too easily and I find it inconvenient so that's out of the picture.

ARGGH.
wacko.gif
I dunno they both look good I'm gonna have to wait out until g6 real and ds-xtreme 16 gb both come out I'm desperate for a good slot-card fast.
wacko.gif
Can anyone give me good advice, which do they think is better etc.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
MMmm... the only bad thing about the DS-X is that it is kinda small in capacity, off course, that really depends on what and how many games can you play at the same time.

And I think DS-X compatibility is just perfect.

But R4 is a lot cheaper.

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the G6 is going to be a overpriced N-Card, they have never released a dldi patch, someone hacked their slot 2 G6 and made a dldi for homebrew, so i would wait to see if they will release a dldi patch, unless someone is able to hack the g6 real and make a dldi patch, since the one out is made by other people and G6 still has not released a official dldi patch of their own, and the Ds-xtreme is released a 2gb model soon for $125 and lowering thier 512mb model to $100 (what the hell, only $25 when its a 1.5gb difference......), so i say wait before you buy either one, although as others have posted there are cheaper solutions then either of them.

Chockbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the G6 is going to be a overpriced N-Card, they have never released a dldi patch, someone hacked their slot 2 G6 and made a dldi for homebrew, so i would wait to see if they will release a dldi patch, unless someone is able to hack the g6 real and make a dldi patch, since the one out is made by other people and G6 still has not released a official dldi patch of their own, and the Ds-xtreme is released a 2gb model soon for $125 and lowering thier 512mb model to $100 (what the hell, only $25 when its a 1.5gb difference......), so i say wait before you buy either one, although as others have posted there are cheaper solutions then either of them.

I know there are cheapter solutions..but they all seem to be the mircro-SD-only cards and I prefer in-built memory...unless there are cheapter in-built memory slot-1 cards around? I checked a few but they seem to have problems. I dunno about ds-link either or N-card they seem to have alot of problems? I dunno, this is all so confusing. Gonna just wait for this g6 real to come out and see how it turns out I suppose.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
but I believe the G6 Real is superior, both update wise and in its capacity/price ratio.

capacity/price ratio, then... what's the price? Thought it wasn't known yet?
huh.gif

MMmm... the only bad thing about the DS-X is that it is kinda small in capacity, off course, that really depends on what and how many games can you play at the same time.

There's a 16Gbit version of DS-X as well, so that's the same size as G6

QUOTE(Chockbi @ May 5 2007, 08:26 AM)[..]

I know there are cheapter solutions..but they all seem to be the mircro-SD-only cards and I prefer in-built memory...unless there are cheapter in-built memory slot-1 cards around? I checked a few but they seem to have problems. I dunno about ds-link either or N-card they seem to have alot of problems? I dunno, this is all so confusing. Gonna just wait for this g6 real to come out and see how it turns out I suppose.
N-Card is an in-built memory solution. It's cheap and has 100% ROM compatibility, but no download play compatibility at all.
DS-Link is an external memory solution which requires a flashed DS. I think you meant DS-Linker, which is a (generally more expensive costing) clone of N-Card, just like MK5 and lots more...
The best place to get a N-Card was dealextreme, but they're unfortunately sold out there and not getting new ones. You can get one of the clones here, but with the shipping they're quite a bit more expensive then the one on dealextreme was. And shipping will be slow there...

alanchiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
R4DS 'nuff said

Its not enough said if you bother to read his posts.

I have a DS-X, its a great bit of kit, but it is expensive, and the DS-X team are abysmal for updates.
G6 Real sounds just as good, and from a well established team.
I would say that it comes down to price, if the G6 Real is cheaper than the 16G DS-X then go for that one.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The review for the DS-X is a bit outdated. AFAIK, the DS-X has save problems with many games - the G6 would not. I don't know whether this can be fixed in future updates; but the DS-X team are really slow at that.

It would probably come down to price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte