wub.gif

Saosin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They can't. I'm highly, highly tempted to call BS on the no-patching claim. The manufacturers already tried making this claim once when Slot-1 devices were initially introduced, only for it to become obvious they were patching on the fly. I'm sure Openchip will have a few words(or more) of his own, but it's impossible to run a NDS game off of NAND flash without patching, NAND is just too damn slow compared to what the slot-1 spec calls for.

What specs are they calling for?

If it's below about 20MByte/s they could make an original size SD slot (WITH SDHC SUPPORT!!!!!!) card so that you could use a SanDisk Extreme III or similar. Or they could use built-in OneNAND chips maybe.

BTW I have an M3 Simply and want GBA support, what product should I buy (could replace my M3 Simply if needed)?

sabinraijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is the G6 logo "infamous"? Were they in the news or something?

Eh, I won't judge this as the "be all, end all" flash cart until it has GBA support (as well as all other boasted though not-yet-proven features) and someone has actually used it. A slot-1 device will never be a complete device unless it supports GBA, as far as I'm concerned (and yes, I know this is impossible currently). If I have to take out the device and stick in another device to play another game the handheld can play, then it's far from perfect.

It may turn out to be the best Slot-1 device, but I don't see how it could be the best flashcart, overall, as shaunj66 put it.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

Eh, I won't judge this as the "be all, end all" flash cart until it has GBA support (as well as all other boasted though not-yet-proven features) and someone has actually used it. A slot-1 device will never be a complete device unless it supports GBA, as far as I'm concerned (and yes, I know this is impossible currently). If I have to take out the device and stick in another device to play another game the handheld can play, then it's far from perfect.

It may turn out to be the best Slot-1 device, but I don't see how it could be the best flashcart, overall, as shaunj66 put it.
Why should you have to stick out the G6 DS Real to play GBA games then? GBA compatible carts go in the GBA slot, G6 in the DS slot...
huh.gif

sabinraijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why should you have to stick out the G6 DS Real to play GBA games then? GBA compatible carts go in the GBA slot, G6 in the DS slot...
huh.gif

I was referring to the fact that GBA game play is as much a part of the DS as DS game play, so no flashcart could ever be perfect without support for both. It's like a PS2 modchip with no PSX support, or a Wii modchip with no GC support, etc. Also, you do still have to boot up a different device (not to mention buy one), whether or not you remove the G6. But you're right on calling out my exact wording for it.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country

I was referring to the fact that GBA game play is as much a part of the DS as DS game play, so no flashcart could ever be perfect without support for both. It's like a PS2 modchip with no PSX support, or a Wii modchip with no GC support, etc. Also, you do still have to boot up a different device (not to mention buy one), whether or not you remove the G6. But you're right on calling out my exact wording for it.

You shouldn't take "infamous" it so literally, it's one of the major flashcart companies, with a popular (albeit a bit expensive) slot 2 flashcart - g6 lite, with good features and has a good reputation.

Since Slot one's will NEVER support gba without modding to the ds or a gba slot addon. Thus it is completely unreasonable to say a slot one card is incomplete without gba support. G6 Real is looking to be the most feature packed and solid card to be released so far, but it will not be PERFECT, as no cart can ever be (because people have different opinions and technology is always improving).

Only Slot two carts can play gba and nds, and none of them are perfect, each has a disadvantage in comparison to each other. And since slot two support has basically been extinguished albeit for addons (such as with ez5) you'll never get what you apaprantly want.

Forget your unrealistic expectations and negative attitude man!

And no comebacks, since 676 posts is far greater than 97 posts
laugh.gif

shaffaaf27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
^^^^^^

Come on now, don't say that...
Hhe could have posted 97 VERY insightful posts, and you could have 650 of you ones from spam (not saying that you have, and no intention to insult you). so you can compare people on the basis of how many posts they have made.

ALSO, back to topic, could the G6real PC adapter be used to backup your own ninty cart (eg Mario kart ds), with save?
(i know you can just download the ROM, but just asking)

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just Joking, though i think you realised that ^^

When i was checking out the GBAlpha website, i found under the news section many Anime series hosted in DSM (g6 movie) format.

I realised this is the magicbox media feature that they have mentioned in the past.

I'm assuming the vids are chinese dubbed or subtitled though so i doubt it's much use to the english speaking community.

I've never really heard anyone mention it before though, so i'm assuming it's quite new or something.

sabinraijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You shouldn't take "infamous" it so literally, it's one of the major flashcart companies, with a popular (albeit a bit expensive) slot 2 flashcart - g6 lite, with good features and has a good reputation.

Since Slot one's will NEVER support gba without modding to the ds or a gba slot addon. Thus it is completely unreasonable to say a slot one card is incomplete without gba support. G6 Real is looking to be the most feature packed and solid card to be released so far, but it will not be PERFECT, as no cart can ever be (because people have different opinions and technology is always improving).

Only Slot two carts can play gba and nds, and none of them are perfect, each has a disadvantage in comparison to each other. And since slot two support has basically been extinguished albeit for addons (such as with ez5) you'll never get what you apaprantly want.

Forget your unrealistic expectations and negative attitude man!

And no comebacks, since 676 posts is far greater than 97 posts
laugh.gif

I see where you're coming from, but you're misunderstanding. In all that, I was simply calling out Shaunj66 on referring to the G6real as THE flashcart for DS. I never called any method the best, I am just saying there can't be a "be all, end all" flashcart for DS until it has perfect support for all of its gaming capabilities (even if that may never come). That includes all flashcarts, slot-1 and slot-2, and not just the G6real.

If he'd have called it the be all, end all Slot-1 solution, I'd have been fine with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol