Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

G6DS Real in-hand at GBAtemp!

We've got it...

We've got them! Our G6DS Real samples have just arrived at GBAtemp HQ! First impressions are good, the build quality seems very good. And there's some nice freebies in the box, though we're not quite sure what the wrist strap is intended for!

Needless to say, testing will soon begin and you can look forward to an extensive and as always, detailed GBAtemp review very soon.

Keep an eye on GBAtemp!

Questions?

icon11.gif
Discussion and more photos

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome!

Including a wrist strap is awesome, since my last one recently broke (damn cheap accessory)

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice! is the usb conector to put your .nds files on the g6? And is there a price range?

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's one that's been bothering me for a while. Can you access any of N-Card clones with a G6DS usb reader? They both use NAND flash and are quite similar in terms of hardware, give it a try, maybe that would be a much faster way to transfer files to an N-Card clone.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably a wriststrap for your DS. ANyways, I thought the Real Series came with a slot 2 deviceÂ
unsure.gif
I suppose you could use it for your DS.
No slot 2 device.

Does the usb reader allow you to backup your DS games? That's what I want to know
rolleyes.gif
There's no included PC software so... unless they, or some smart-arse come out with one I'd say no.

I apologize if this was discussed somewhere before but what's the price tag?
No retailers have it yet AFIAK, so no price tag is known. I don't even know the MSRP.

nice, but what does it has that r4 doesn´t?
only the gui I guess..
That's what the review will cover.
wink.gif

the wrist strap is for the case that the g6 is in just like the one for the R4
wink.gif
Well sure, but why would anyone want to carry that around on their wrist?
laugh.gif

Awesome!

Including a wrist strap is awesome, since my last one recently broke (damn cheap accessory)
Awesomo.

Whats the betting that the G6 real is made by R4...Â
wink.gif
A million to one.

Nice! is the usb conector to put your .nds files on the g6? And is there a price range?
Yeh the G6 shows as a removable disk. Extremely fast transfer or files.

See above.

There's one that's been bothering me for a while. Can you access any of N-Card clones with a G6DS usb reader? They both use NAND flash and are quite similar in terms of hardware, give it a try, maybe that would be a much faster way to transfer files to an N-Card clone.
It's a no go... Plain old nothing happens.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
So excited! i'm glad i stayed up so late, i got the news quick!
happy.gif

looking forward to more analysis and later the review!

stay cool.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since I pretty much believe the G6 team for their word there's not much I want to know. But I guess the most pressing questions are these:

Does download play work 100%? For instance New Super Mario Brothers
Can you use softreset considering the games won't be patched?
Could you CRC check or something to see if the roms are indeed unpatched? (I think there was a tool for this?)

Thanks for all the great work guys.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But what about the build quality? I see it uses a case similar to the one DS-X had. And DS-X' case was of very poor quality, it was very weak, many people had faulty ones. What about this one? As I see the seams are not very good either. How does it feel when you push it hard? Does it feel strong and resistant? R4's build quality is outstanding as everybody already knows, how can you compare G6DS Real's case to R4's then? I don't really trust this type of case, without screws I mean. If only it was hard glued...But then again people want changeable cases.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night