G6DS Real & FlashMe v8a Stealth

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Haruspex, Jun 11, 2007.

Jun 11, 2007
  1. Haruspex
    OP

Member Haruspex GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    Because i still have a slot-2 flashcart i flashed my DSLite when i buyed because i can't stand at all the Passkey 2.

I notice that the battery drains faster than usual. I always play at level 2 brightness and i think i can get approx. 5-6 hours instead of the minimum 10 hours (the max is 15 hours) at level 2 using an original cartridge. Yes i thought that my M3 SD Slim drains the battery faster than usual but isn't that way too much? I think is the flashme together with the M3 who causes approx. 5 hours less of gameplay.

I read that the G6DS Real (aswell other slot-1 flashcarts) has only a difference of approx. 30 minutes in comparison to an original nds cartridge. My question is if i leave the flashme installed will it drain the battery faster? Do you recommend me to run noflashme when i get the G6DS Real?

Also can anyone tell me what exactly noflashme does? Does it revert to the exact original firmware? Is it safe to use it or it might corrupt my dslite? Also will i get my warranty back if i uninstalled successfully the flashme? Lastly, do i need to short the SL1 again?

I am sorry for asking all those questions about noflashme but i have the feeling that very few people actually use it and i am not sure how safe is.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    An odd occurrence (flashme usually helps things), did you replace it with a DS card by and chance?

Noflashme writes the original firmware back, make sure to use WRGs version or the one that comes with v8 if you do though (or you will end up with DS style brightness).
    It removes the ability to boot from a flashcart as a failsafe as well as leaving it susceptible to firmware corrupting apps (very, very rare and to my knowledge nobody has been hit in probably about 2 years).
    Technically the warranty is voided but a) Nintendo does not seem to care and b) for lites I do not think they can tell.
    Yeah SL1 will have to be shorted.

As for actually removing flashme, I really like flashme so I would not. It is up to you though.

3. Haruspex
    OP

Greece
    Thanks for the reply. I am not sure what you mean by "did you replace it with a DS card by and chance?" I just leave an original game in the slot-1 slot so that sleep mode works. Maybe is that that causes the extra drain of battery besides of course the M3 SD Slim?

4. FAST6191

pip
    United Kingdom
    Yeah that was what I meant (courtesy of some PC fixing I did not go to bed till late), I believe there is some drain associated with DS cards although sleep mode is hard to live without.

5. Haruspex
    OP

Greece
    I see. I will wait and test my G6DS Real and then i will see if i remove flashme or keep it.

The reason i believe flashme drains the battery really fast is this thread

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=36148

As you can see at the disadvantages of flashme it states:

"- Significantly drains your DS battery much quicker as to an unflashed DS."

6. FAST6191

pip
    United Kingdom
    I think that assertion was hotly contested and all but disproven,