g6 won't recognize USB

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by bodyglove, Dec 8, 2006.

Dec 8, 2006

g6 won't recognize USB by bodyglove at 10:43 PM (665 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. bodyglove
    OP

Newcomer bodyglove Newbie

Australia
    When I put it on my PC it says it won't start?

It says that it' recognizes a mass storage device, but it after that it gives an error that it has a problem... and it won't start up?

2. GBA_Temper

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    Well im getting a new computer for chrismas but my Windows 2000 wont reconize it too my window XP is in the shop in it reconize it but windows 2000 only reconized it 1 time in then it says USB mass storage

Im haveing the same problem your are not alone m waiting for chrismas day

The problem is YOUR COMPUTER WILL NOT RECONIZE G6 HARDWARE THATS THE PROBLEM ITS NOT THE G6 LITE

3. bodyglove
    OP

Australia
    I must say that is not the problem, i tried it on 3 machines running XP and it still won't work...

Could it be something with the battery?

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    I don't think a problem with the battery could cause this sort of problem. A dead battery usually just causes lost saves.

I read somewhere that some people had problems plugging the G6 into a USB hub, and had to plug straight into the PC to get it to work. Assuming you have already tried that, you probably just have a defective unit on your hands.

Did you have this problem the first time you tried it, or did it work for a while and then stop working? Does it work in the DS?

5. bodyglove
    OP

Australia
    Indeed it was a defective unit, it works in the DS

The problem was the burner that was defective, it wouldn't mount the G6 on my PC, so i went back to the store i got another burner and now it works...

Thnx m8 :-)