g6 won't recognize USB

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by bodyglove, Dec 8, 2006.

1. bodyglove
    OP

bodyglove Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2006
    When I put it on my PC it says it won't start?

It says that it' recognizes a mass storage device, but it after that it gives an error that it has a problem... and it won't start up?

2. GBA_Temper

GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

Nov 15, 2006
    United States
    Atlanta,Ga. United States
    Well im getting a new computer for chrismas but my Windows 2000 wont reconize it too my window XP is in the shop in it reconize it but windows 2000 only reconized it 1 time in then it says USB mass storage

Im haveing the same problem your are not alone m waiting for chrismas day

The problem is YOUR COMPUTER WILL NOT RECONIZE G6 HARDWARE THATS THE PROBLEM ITS NOT THE G6 LITE

3. bodyglove
    OP

bodyglove Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2006
    I must say that is not the problem, i tried it on 3 machines running XP and it still won't work...

Could it be something with the battery?

4. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    I don't think a problem with the battery could cause this sort of problem. A dead battery usually just causes lost saves.

I read somewhere that some people had problems plugging the G6 into a USB hub, and had to plug straight into the PC to get it to work. Assuming you have already tried that, you probably just have a defective unit on your hands.

Did you have this problem the first time you tried it, or did it work for a while and then stop working? Does it work in the DS?

5. bodyglove
    OP

bodyglove Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2006
    Indeed it was a defective unit, it works in the DS

The problem was the burner that was defective, it wouldn't mount the G6 on my PC, so i went back to the store i got another burner and now it works...

Thnx m8 :-)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice