G6 update

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Coreyc, Nov 27, 2006.

Nov 27, 2006

G6 update by Coreyc at 11:44 PM (836 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Coreyc
    OP

Newcomer Coreyc Newbie

im trying to update my g6 and i cant get it to work. I copyed the sys files over to the root directory and booted into the game boy a mode and there is no update file, like the faq said there will be. then i tryed the hiting the ab select start. when i do that i get a screen that asks if i want to reload the system, but when i click over yes, all i get id the same masage ( i can controle the mouse but i cant do anything) and a one inside the yes box and a 7 of to the side. Anyone seen this before???
    thanks for the help

ho um when i do that version check on my ds light i get a purple screen.

2. Coreyc
    OP

Newcomer Coreyc Newbie

I'm thinking that re-formating might help. What do you think?

3. Bridgy84

Member Bridgy84 Yub Nub

United States
    Thats a great idea. It's exactly what i do when things start getting weird on mine and it has always fixed it. It only seems to happen if i forget to safely take it off my comp.

4. Coreyc
    OP

Newcomer Coreyc Newbie

Thanks, I'm doing that now. do you know how long it should take? I've been in mptool program for a while now and there dose not seem to be any kind of progress bar or anything.

5. Coreyc
    OP

Newcomer Coreyc Newbie

looks like its all fixed. thanks for the help

6. mjgunn

Newcomer mjgunn Member

United States
    How do you format the drive? I know how to do the actual format in windows, but after that, how do you restore all the G6 software? Going to try it, see if maybe theres something wrong with the cart causing my problem here

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=40023

Edit: Did the format, ran the maintenance utility, and everything is working fine now