G6 U-disk manager - problem with full disk

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Roz, Feb 26, 2007.

Feb 26, 2007
  1. Roz
    OP

Newcomer Roz Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi guys. I am very much a noob at this and I'd appreciate your help. I feel a bit of an idiot for not working this one out by myself. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I had a series of ROMs on my G6, all was working well.

I have now come to taking a few ROMs off the drive and adding some more. I deleted several other ROMS using the U-disk manager delete button - (3 Sudoku games, Yoshi, band bros figuring that this would give me far more space than I needed for the film noir epic Hotel Dusk). However, every time I try to add Hotel Dusk it tells me the disc is full.

When I go to the 'properties' section on the windows removable disk thing it tells me I have 109mb free (not enough for a 128 meg game I'll grant you), however, when inside the G6 DS section there's less than 400 meg of games ... I'm really confused... there ought to be enough space, but there isn't... I[m obviously being stupid so someone please tell me so [​IMG] [​IMG]

but the help would be greatly appreciated... and yes I'm prepared to take a bit of flak for being an idiot [​IMG]

2. pelago

Member pelago Member

United Kingdom
    You could delete the DSPDA (or is it PDADS?) folder which takes up 80-something meg.

3. GBA_Temper

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    Yeah I would recommend removing the PDAds

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The G6 lite has a total formatted capacity of 499 megabytes. If windows says there are only 109 megs free, it's probably correct.

Trim every DS rom you put on the cart. As far as I know, there is not a single game that won't work perfectly after trimming, and the space you will save will by far outweigh any trouble you might have if there is a game that won't work when trimmed.

If you don't use any of the extra features(i.e. you just play games), you can delete every folder on the cart except for \NDS and \GBA.

You can delete all of the .1 and .2 files if you don't use them. They are for using multiple saves, and unless you manually switch saves by pressing select in the G6's game menu, they are not used at all.

The .is0, .is1 and .is2 files can be deleted from the GBA folder if you don't use real time saves.

5. skullstatue

Banned skullstatue Banned

United States
    Hotel Dusk uses the biggest type of cart for the DS, so you need at least 84MB, so make sure you free up some space.

6. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Hotel Dusk trims to a bit under 112 megabytes, and you also need enough space for the save files or the U-disk manager will give the out of space error.

I never tested this to find out for sure, but it seemed that the U-disk manager calculated the space requirements before trimming the rom. If there was enough space for the rom if you trimmed it but not you didn't, it would say out of space either way.