G6 thinks there is no space. HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by zetsuei45, Jan 1, 2007.

Jan 1, 2007
  1. zetsuei45
    OP

Newcomer zetsuei45 Newbie

United States
    Today, I put my G6 into my computer and tried loading it up on the G6 U-disk Manager. There was some sort of error that showed up but the Manager did'nt shut down. I then tried deleting some games and found that the space on the G6 did not lower as usual. Instead, the games were deleting but not freeing up space. I tried to put games in but my space was staying at 2 GB. Anyone know how to solve my problem? thx 4 the help

2. zetsuei45
    OP

Newcomer zetsuei45 Newbie

United States
    sry 4 the double post but now when i start up the g6 on my nds i get a screen that is still sort of functional but is lined and blocky. my games also do not start. (note: im using the chinese g6) HELP [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] thank you

3. GBA_Temper

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    Well make sure you do 1) CHECK DISK ON the drive the G6 is on If that doesn't work 2)FORMAT your G6 to FAT16.3)And run the Maitnace Utility Before you do Step 2,3!Copy everything on your G6 to your PC!

4. mr_blonde_88

Member mr_blonde_88 Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That

United Kingdom
    ok, plug ur G6 back into ur computer and access it thru 'My Computer' and delete the games you wanted to get rid of there

Also, id copy all ur saves too

If this doesnt work, formatt your G6
    but like i said, make a copy of all ur saves on ur computer so you dont lose your place

there is the G6 recovery tool, but i dont know how to use it
    you could give that a go

5. sambobuk

Newcomer sambobuk Member

New Zealand
    OK....step-by-step because these guys didn't explain it very well

Step 1:
    First, back up all of your save files. This can be done by accessing the G6 from "My Computer". It will show up as a "Removable Disk". Then navigate to the NDS folder. The save files are the ".0" ".1" and ".2" files next to the ".NDS" file. Usually it would be the ".0" file, unless you've tried making backups and things. So just copy them all to be safe. Also copy anything that you want to keep from your G6

Step 2:
    Now that you've backed up everything, go to "My Computer", right click on the "Removable Disk" icon (Double click on it first to check that it's your G6!) and select "Format". A window will appear with 3 drop-down boxes and a few other things. The first drop-down box - Capacity - Should read 500MB. If not, then this isn't your G6. Leave the First and Third drop down boxes as they are, but change the middle one "FAT32" to just "FAT". Then press the "Start" button at the bottom of the window. It will ask you whether you are sure, and just press "Yes". A green progress bar will start, and when the process is complete, press the "Close" button.

Step 3:
    Now...you should have a completely blank G6. After formatting, DO NOT take it out of your computer or put it into your NDS. That would be very bad. Next we need to use the MPUtility on your G6 installation disk. If you lost your disk (Like I did), it can be downloaded from www.handheldsources.com/Download.html under "Maintenance Utility" (and keep the website open, we'll need it later). Extract the EXE file that's in the RAR you downloaded, and double click on it. DO NOT change any of the settings here, if you do your G6 will probably be dead forever. LOL. Just press the "OK" button at the bottom of the screen. If you do accidentally change any settings, just close the Application and restart. When you press "OK", a new window should appear with lots of big squares with big circles inside them. Just press the "Do Now!" button at the bottom of the screen. It will start a maintenance format that should take around 10 minutes to complete. During this time make sure that the G6 is not pulled out from your computer [​IMG] .

Step 4:
    After the process is complete (You should hear a strange noise coming from somewhere inside your computer.... [​IMG] [​IMG]), close the window and go back to "My Computer". Double click on your G6 icon. It should say..."The Disk in drive (Your G6 Drive here) has not been formatted. Would you like to format it now?" or something along those lines. Press "Yes". The format window should appear again, so use the same settings that we did before...Don't change anything except "FAT32" to "FAT"! Then press "Start" and the little green progress bar should appear again. Close the window once completed

Step 5:
    Now your G6 should be working again...but we need to do a few more things. First, on www.handheldsources.com/Download.html, download the "GBA Extension Software". Extract the two folders from the RAR and copy them to your G6 Root directory. Also, if you had MediaPlay extend on there, download "Media-Extend ( for4.6C or above )" and extract the folder from your RAR. The G6 team have made a mistake here. Inside the folder there should be a file names "mediaplayExtend 4.6C.dat". Rename it to "mediaplayExtend.dat" and create a new folder called "main". Put the "mediaplayExtend.dat" inside the "main" folder.

Step 6:
    Now we're all finished! Just go to the U-Disk manager and put all your games back on! It will automatically create the "GBA" and "NDS" folders so you don't need to worry about that! If you backed up all of your save files like I said in step 1, you should have a bunch of files somewhere with ".0" ".1" and ".2", which we need to put back on your G6. Select the game that you want to put the backups on. In the "Saver" box underneath there, right click the ".0" file there and replace it with whatever file you want. it should come up with a message saying "Write OK!" for a successful backup!

I hope this helps! I'm going to make a thread for this actually, I think it's quite good! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sambobuk