G6 Saves Disappear

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Stormingsoul, Feb 27, 2007.

Feb 27, 2007

G6 Saves Disappear by Stormingsoul at 4:22 PM (816 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Stormingsoul
    OP

Newcomer Stormingsoul Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Hey everybody.

On some games, lately, the savegames disappear, so my little brother starts throwing stuff at me blaming me of deleting them.
    I searched around a bit, and read alot of stuff about broken batteries.

So? What could be the problem?
    If it is the battery...am i in serious trouble?

Bought the g6lite @ Hopebuy.com, they offer 3 months of warranty but i just passed those 3 months.

Any idea's...........would be very welcome

2. Hellfenix

Member Hellfenix GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The battery would only affect you if you don't reboot or use software reset after EACH time you play so that the game in RAM is transfered to a file. If you do that and you don't see "Please wait, processing data" or something like that, then your battery is probably doomed, and so are you! Hope this helps!

3. Stormingsoul
    OP

Netherlands
    .................and if it isnt?

*It does show the -Processing data, keep power on! message...so it aint the battery?

4. Stormingsoul
    OP

Netherlands
    ..Is there a way there would be a corruption in the latest version of the g6?

5. stormwolf18

Member stormwolf18 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Nigga stole your saves

6. Stormingsoul
    OP

Netherlands
    ..?
    What the hell... could you also give some usefull replies

7. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Is the problem that A) the games won't save, or B) the games save normally, but the saves randomly dissapear later?

Are you sure that neither you nor your little brother are pressing select in the G6 menu and switching save files?

8. Stormingsoul
    OP

Netherlands
    Normal saving, but the files of ''some games'' (Like Yoshi..MTPH) disappear randomly sometimes.

And..no-one is touching the select button [​IMG]

9. Rocco Savadgie

Member Rocco Savadgie GBAtemp Regular

Stormingsoul:
    That happend to me a lot too with with Yoshis island. I never played MTPH so I can't comment about that.

I think there is a bug in the U-disk software or the DS G6 software that causes the save to wipe. (I use the latest version of both). It will happen randomly in Yoshis Island. The solution is to buy the game or get a different backup device. Sorry, I know this is not what you wanted to hear!

I should add that other games such as Mario Kart, NSMB, Brain Age, Brain Training have never lost their saves, so it is not a battery problem (for me anyway).

10. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    I played Yoshi's Island extensively on the G6 and it never lost a save, so I don't think it's a fundamental problem of the G6. I do remember a few people saying that their saves were disappearing, but it doesn't happen for the vast majority of people.

If I were having that problem I would try reformatting the G6(FAT, not FAT32, default cluster size), but I don't know if that would actually help.

Someone wrote a script that will automagically back up your saves every time you connect the G6 to the computer. If nothing else helps, that might at least keep you from losing as much progress when a save disappears.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=36963
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=369...ndpost&p=480790