GCTonyHawk7

OP
Trophies
Website
www.revo-europe.com
XP
Country
United States
I recently upgraded to Windows Vista, and I am finding that my G6 Real doesn't seem to be very happy with Windows. I wouldn't say I didn't expect this, I've lived with Windows long enough to assume that stuff won't work.

Has anyone gotten it to work on Vista, or even better, anyone capable of writing a driver for it?

Any help is appreciated.

Haruspex

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Wow, this sucks! Are you using vista 32 or 64 Bit?

I have a G6DS Real but i am on XP right now, but i will update sooner or later.

Anyone has more info on this?

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I'm surprised...
The G6 DS real is supposed to be recognized as mass storage device.
Why would it be incompatible?
This sucks...

choupette

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I have no problem with vista / normal g6real, and as the person above me said, if it's really an usb mass storage, that's weird.

EDIT :
I had some weird usb problem though : I had a dual boot xp / vista for about a month, and my dual ps2 usb adapter wouldn't work with vista, but worked with xp, on the same computer, exactly like vista required more power from the usb (I also had an usb disk who didin't like vista), I know it sounds weird, but it happened to me.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have no problem with vista / normal g6real, and as the person above me said, if it's really an usb mass storage, that's weird.

EDIT :
I had some weird usb problem though : I had a dual boot xp / vista for about a month, and my dual ps2 usb adapter wouldn't work with vista, but worked with xp, on the same computer, exactly like vista required more power from the usb (I also had an usb disk who didin't like vista), I know it sounds weird, but it happened to me.
It should be. But Windows just sucks.

... I can imagine that no-one finds this comment of any sense
dry.gif

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
im using Vista 32 Bit with my G6 Real and i have had no problems. It just treats it as a mass storage device so i dont know what the problem is for you.

GCTonyHawk7

OP
Trophies
Website
www.revo-europe.com
XP
Country
United States
im using Vista 32 Bit with my G6 Real and i have had no problems. It just treats it as a mass storage device so i dont know what the problem is for you.

Ya, I stick it in, and it starts that window for getting drivers. It searches for drivers for the "Unidentified Device", and then says there are none available. Then I get that fun little window that says the device has issues on install and may not work properly.

Hmmm.

Haruspex

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Ya, I stick it in, and it starts that window for getting drivers. It searches for drivers for the "Unidentified Device", and then says there are none available. Then I get that fun little window that says the device has issues on install and may not work properly.

Hmmm.

When you plug the G6DS Real in the USB, does the blue light in the G6DS Card Reader/Writer stay always on or it blinks?

GirAiD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.giraid.com
XP
Country
United States
I think the problem of you guys are on the windows end. Maybe the OS is missing Generic mass storage device driver. Not all the windows have it. I think you should try to update motherboard drivers

GCTonyHawk7

OP
Trophies
Website
www.revo-europe.com
XP
Country
United States

Hmmm.

When you plug the G6DS Real in the USB, does the blue light in the G6DS Card Reader/Writer stay always on or it blinks?

It just stays on.

Haruspex

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Hmmm.

It just stays on.

That means that your G6 Card Reader doesn't recognize the G6DS Real card. Try it for yourself, connect the card reader without inserting the G6DS Real and the blue light will stay on. I am having similar problems some times in XP.

The solution is to push harder the G6DS Real in the card reader and if it doesn't work try not to push the G6DS Real all the way to the down. Basically experiment with it a little.

You will know when it works if the Blue light starts blinking.

GCTonyHawk7

OP
Trophies
Website
www.revo-europe.com
XP
Country
United States
Guess what guys!

I was fidgeting with the problem and decided to update my chipset drivers (from nvidia.com) and viola. It now works. Plugs in, Autoplay pops up, and it works perfectly. So, if you are having issues, try updating your chipset drivers.

Jack Bauer 2007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having the exact same problem. Tried updating chipset drivers, still doesn't work. Works on my friend's XP computer but not on any of the three PCs in my house with Windows Vista installed.

crsdefiance

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm running Vista 64-bit, and have never had an issue getting my computer to recognize the USB reader. As was mentioned in previous posts however, I am running a motherboard with an Nvidia chipset, and have always kept my chipset drivers up to date. It doesn't sound like a Vista issue to me though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over