Hacking G6 Real & M3 Real

areo2199

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I was looking at the reviews for these cards and saw the G6 Real got a higher score then the M3 Real.
However from all the threads that I have read here, it seems the G6 Real no longer receives firmware updates and has limited features compared to the M3 Real.

I wondering why it got a better score?

Im looking to buy one of the carts but reading all the threads it looks like the M3 Real would be betters choice over the G6 but was confused over the higher score to the G6.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Look at the date of the review. It was respectable until cheaper cards exceeded in efficiency and compatibility. So it's not longer worth it.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm
some of the carts should be reviewed and rerated so they dont give people (like this thread) the wrong idea

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think most people here would be of the opinion that there are better carts than either of those.

It would be nice if there were 1) a way to keep the reviews updated, and 2) a way to use the reviews to more accurately compare carts. It's currently inconsistent, particularly the "pros" and "cons." Sometimes two carts have the same feature or share the same problem, but only one of them lists it in the "pros" or "cons" at the end of the article.

Perhaps some sort of a table that could be kept up to date for all of the reviewed carts showing scores in several categories: compatibility, GBA compatibility, running GBA without a loader (could list compatible slot2 carts), menu system (skinning, responsiveness, displaying files/folders), etc. That way you could compare relative scores for each cart in each category side-by-side.

-Bri

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea thats another problem also
there inconsistent all with all other reviews

thats what site suggestions is for though

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its only a matter of time now...

wink.gif

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the G6 Real is a truly awesome card...they just screwed up the firmware and refuse to update it. i'm stil holding out hope that they decide to continue support for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Lol