OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.giraid.com
XP
Country
United States
Guess I'll just have to back up all my files every night. I've had G6 lite for more than a year, and nothing this sort ever happened. Can't find what seems to be the problem beside the quality of the card. I even use safely remove hardware every time I unplug it, I've never done that with the lite.

Haruspex

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Mine corrupted 4-5 times, aswell as other glitches. I am a bit dissapointed with G6DS Real. DLDI patcher finally released and it doesn't seem that Moonshell 1.71 is 100% compatible. Not to mention other homebrew people reported.

It's thick, it's missing the connecting guides aswell other minor hardware glitches.

I guess the excellent cheat system and the 100% NDS Compatibility with 1:1 game performance it's the only true advantages of G6DS Real.

I should have get a M3/R4 lol. I know that G6DS Real is a more advanced product than M3/R4 but from the other hand the M3/R4 is a mature product now with great support and very very very big community.

Rev2k7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
do you hit safely remove on my computer ? becuase my g6 lite never corrupted or my bro g6 real
biggrin.gif

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure you dont just pull the adapter from your PC without using the "safely remove hardware" option. Its usually on the lower right portion of your taskbar next to the clock.

Haruspex

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Make sure you dont just pull the adapter from your PC without using the "safely remove hardware" option. Its usually on the lower right portion of your taskbar next to the clock.

I've always do that. Actually it didn't corrupted when i remove it, it corrupted when i inserted it in the USB Port and before remove the G6DS Real of the PC.

And yes i insert the G6DS Real together with the card reader in the USB, not seperately.

GirAiD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.giraid.com
XP
Country
United States
I never safely remove hardware...I just wait for the light to stop blinking and remove my hardware...never had my G6, G6Lite or my G6Real corrupt on me.
this is what I used to say when I hear someone's G6 lite corrupted on them. just the other day I was thinking my g6 real never corrupted when I saw a thread about G6 real corruption, then at the very same night, my g6 died on me the first time. I guess it's god's mean irony joke on me.

Maybe it's the disk reader? it sure doesn't look as steady as the G6 lite one. or maybe it's the OS on PC? I've been using XP 64 with my lite for the entire time, and the real was fine under xp 64. it corrupted very soon after I changed back to xp 86. But I don't see how that would be possible since xp 86 should have less compatible issues than 64.... I don't know, I just wish the g6 would do that again.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the USB cable? Try using that if not. And also, you have to always unplug the reader, with the flash cart still inside it, from the cable or computer first.

If you pull out the G6 Real from the reader while the reader is still in the computer or cable, the cart will corrupt.

I use the cable, and always unplug it like I just mentioned, and have never had it corrupt on me.

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd just like to add to the discussion that I experience USB 2.0 to behave much better with the card than older computers using USB 1.1...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)