G6 Real Cart Problems

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Eclipse0219, Mar 22, 2008.

Mar 22, 2008

G6 Real Cart Problems by Eclipse0219 at 11:23 PM (1,391 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Eclipse0219
    OP

Newcomer Eclipse0219 Member

United States
    Hey I've had my cart for a while now and it just started acting up on me. Sometimes when I play now, just randomly, the cart will just barely come out and cause the game to freeze (I'm pretty sure the carts coming out). Anyways when it does and I try to turn it back on it won't work unless I blow into it for some reason, then it will work fine, until the cart randomly comes out again that is. I was wondering why it does this? I've had it for almost half a year now and all I ever do is leave it in the DS or take it out to put new stuff on it then put it right back in, so I was wondering why it just messed up now. I think it might have something to do with the USB adapter because it doesn't fit into the adapter like it does into the DS, the adapter is just a little too small. This happen to anyone else?

2. CYatta

Member CYatta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I haven't had a constant problem with this, but it's happened a couple times before. It seems to just be that the cart isn't an exact DS cart or the contacts may get a little dirty. Just a matter of keeping it clean, wiping it and what not, whenever the problem comes up.

3. Eclipse0219
    OP

United States
    Haven't tried cleaning it any other way then just blowing on it, but it is weird because it seems to do it sometimes more than it does other times and I don't know why.

4. CYatta

Member CYatta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    May want to just try wiping the G6 contacts with your finger or some cloth or something. Taking a good puff in the DS Slot-1 area. Doesn't sound like too bad of a problem. I'm sure it happens to other cards too.

5. TheSpade

Member TheSpade GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Could be worse. My G6 Real works fine. The USB reader however is dead. Wait...how is that worse or better? [​IMG]

6. Eclipse0219
    OP

United States
    That would suck but wouldn't the manufacturer send you another USB reader for cheap or even free?

7. Wightslayer

Member Wightslayer GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    My G6 real has more problems than any of you, I would think (That's nothing to be proud of [​IMG]) it died on me so I had to get a new one...and now I'm broke TT_TT
    Anyway, all cards, even ones you buy in the shop and flash carts get dust in the contacts. Just blow it out and wipe the card contacts with your finger (Like the guy above said) It happens to all types of cards, even if you leave it in there. I never took my card out and my ds said that there was no card inserted even though there was [​IMG] Blowing it out helps. Do the same if you're having saving problems as well, I had save problems and they disappeared once I blew out the contacts :3

8. TheSpade

Member TheSpade GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Sent a few e-mails but no response. No retailers sell them seperately. [​IMG]