G6 Real 16G case

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Ryvius, Aug 4, 2007.

Aug 4, 2007

G6 Real 16G case by Ryvius at 4:28 AM (967 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Ryvius
    OP

Newcomer Ryvius Member

I just got my G6 Real 16G from divineo today, but I find the flash cart case itself is a bit tight. It takes a little pull to get it out of the slot 1 slot and I have to jam it a little to get it into the writer. Are all G6Real like this? I have no other problem with the cart other that this.

2. h8uthemost

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah, it's just how the cart is built. I think it's maybe just a tad bit thicker than a normal cart. I do think the 16G slides in and out better than the 8G though. The chip doesn't really stick out on the 16G. At least on mine it doesn't.

3. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Aww I hope I get a good unit. One of the reasons I didn't like the Cyclo was since the case was pretty fat [​IMG]

ozmodchips say they're shipping mine on Monday, a week later than the expected date (I chose express too [​IMG]). Guess it can't be helped.

4. h8uthemost

United States
    No...it's nothing like the Evo. The CycloDS sucks when you have to put it in and take it out of the DS. You have to push it down so hard for it to click. The G6 Real isn't like that at all. It's just the cart is a little thick, so you have to pull up on it a little. It's definitely not bad though.

5. 4saken

Australia
    That's good to know. I should be getting it soon [​IMG], but I've promised myself not to use it until I get my bestskinsever protectors to keep my new DS in top condition [​IMG]

6. h8uthemost

United States
    Good choice. I remember when I first got my DS, I wouldn't play any games that involved the use of the stylus until I got some screen protectors.

I really should get something to protect the outside of it too.

You got the 16G right? I hope they release a new firmware soon that fixes this homebrew problem.

7. jerbob92

Newcomer jerbob92 Advanced Member

Netherlands
    mee too [​IMG]

8. 4saken

Australia
    Yea I did. This is like my 6th DSL (I actually have a touch screen that doesn't "bounce" now), so I want it to last [​IMG] I've just handed-down the screen protectors from the original DS as they haven't been scratched yet.

9. JacobReaper

Member JacobReaper I Love You....

United States
    R4 doesnt do that, [​IMG]

10. VenomSymbiote

Newcomer VenomSymbiote Advanced Member

United States
    Would you say this "tightness" is a negative? Could it potentialy break the DS? I do intend to buy most of my games still, not really into using it as a thing to negate purchasing ones. Especially games I just have to own a solid copy of due to my collectorness. So it will get actuall other cart use, and I'd really not want to break Slot 1...