Hacking G6-R, CycloDS, M3DS-R, R4 Grudge match!

ThumpieBunnyEve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

nds.gif
G6 Real
nds.gif
CycloDS
nds.gif
M3 DS Real
nds.gif
R4 Revolution

It's quite confusing to try and find a list of Pro's and Con's.
wacko.gif

Who is who and what is what? Can some one provide a link to something at least -somewhat- up to date, that puts these contenders side by side?
Going to the actual sites for these items, only awards you a basket full of hype, juggled terminology, and of course neglects to what it -lacks-. (As expected, considering it's bad for business to announce such things.)
unsure.gif

Long ago i used to get my info from:
w w w . g a m e b o y - a d v a n c e . n e t
gbasp.gif

however it's Critically out of date. :'(

If there is no worthy ring where Each of these cards slug it out for supremacy, then, I would like to ask a totally different and more personal question.

Before I do however, i should clarify some things for those tolls who would be quick to flame me for even trying.
lecture.gif

::Disclaimer::
For those whom would be guilty of the usual Player-Hate dismissals and rhetoric.
Yes I have a PDA, Yes i have an MP3 player, Yes I have a Laptop, Yes i have a movie player, And a cellular phone, I have a GPS, Stud finder, WiFi Detector, Yoda as a lawn gnome. Parking meter, And yes i Have all the old systems. And a DS Rumble pack. I have a Ton of legitimately copied backups of my NDS, NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, and Genesis games,
As well as some old CD's like Decent, Hexen, Doom, X-Com Ectra.
I am a fan of capability. Homebrew, legit MP3 Files, My own Picture albums, and Movies.
::End Disclaimer::
huh.gif

Now, With that out of the way,

I have a Modded NDS Model 1. (Yes the big clunky thing.)
nds.gif

And before you all say "Switch up! Go throw Mo-Money at a DS Lite Noob! LOLOLO!!!111 i r 50 1337!"
I should tell you my DS1 is all dolled up with options and goodness I installed with the careful use of a soldering gun, and some hot glue.
wtf.gif

That is to say, it now has a number of things which i couldn't fit into if i -did- waste money on yet another 10 second advance of technology. For all you rich kids out there, There is something to be said about being frugal, even if you -do- have the money to wipe your sphincter with.

Id love my DS to act like a PDA whenever possible, Web browsing, file saving, Text, Doodling and the like. As well as play, access, or load all that stuff mentioned in my disclaimer above. With the exception of Yoda, And stud finding i suppose.
wub.gif

You know, Just for feces and giggles.
rofl2.gif

I have some experience with R4, and I'm not pleased with the lack of SDHC capacity. and of course, in that it lacks a slot 2 device i'm rather limited.
hate2.gif

I'm trying to surmise what i should point my Dollars at.
unsure.gif

!SO!

Finally, my question.
Taking into consideration what was mentioned above,
What is best with a model 1 DS,
for First slot
and Second slot
capability and SDHC Storage Size?

Hope to hear a lot of responses soon!
happy.gif

PS If your Too Lazy to read the whole post, Don't bother straining yourself to leave one of your own.
dry.gif

Thanks for your time.
happy.gif

-TBE & Yoda the lawn gnome.

GBA_Temper

*KING OF GBATEMP*
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys I want to mention that I am seeing more in more Hate/flamming threads.. This is the primary source of these threads. FanBoy's of all kinds of flashcarts will flame the opposite flashcart User. So I recommend people stop making these kinds of threads..

-No need to respond to what I just wrote because it is true. A known statement which any old GBA_Temper/MODS! will agree to. They can see these things happen before it get started

GBA_Temper

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
i wonder why the supercard one SDHC version isnt mentioned here?
it uses a very nice moonshell based loader and has quite a bit of stuff to play around with, especially the ingame book feature.

out of the ones you mentioned however, i would choose a cyclods since theyve proven themselves to be a brilliant cart by having nearly every single feature available packed int a smooth OS(and native support for the 3in1 which is great) and a great support team

M3real is new to the scene and there arent many reviews on it so far but the team which made the cart have a very strong reputation.

if youre getting a cart now, buy the cyclods
if not, look and see how the m3real developes

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I prefer the CycloDS Evolution, but I've only just got my M3 Real. The Evolution has a VERY responsive support team who you can contact in English on their forums. They fix problems really fast, and the cart performs extremely well...

- Sam

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
M3 Real for me now, I haven't seen that cyclods does anything that M3 Real can't. Since I figured out that download play was working on mine all along. Cyclods has 2 megs onboard ram for their o/s though. But I have a 1 gigabyte card in mine and it's super easy to update that way anyways. cyclods costs more probably due to the 2 meg onboard, would buy one if someone sold it for a competative price to the M3 Real, but $60 + s/h isn't a good price.

R4 Revolution, why buy this.. M3 Real has better quality onboard components. I think R4 is good for the short run but I hear once in a while of people who have one that doesn't work any more. I just bought one personally for collecting, box looks kinda neat.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
What has CycloDS and xxDS Real does not have? Support !

First i dislike the "Real" outdated interface .... the same as the G6 lite ( till beta for some parts after years )

If the support is the same as previous products you will live for ever with the same ugly menu/agenda/ system with only games updates and no real support for interface.

Just remember how DLDI was finally never release for G6 lite ?

Homebrew were never supported ( ashk DragonMinded ;-) ... except by delivering wrong read only code (with no source and no working write access) ... thanks to Viruseb for reversing the whole thing and making eveything possible.

Don't expect any new feature or any listening to customers. It is a closed system and there is no information about bugs... Hardware looks fine but it is functionally a pure deception except for n00bs looking for the latest card out ... my opinion... nothing more.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And what has CycloDS and G6 DS Real does not have?
Native EZ-Flash 3 Support (Meaning you can run .gba games from the menu granted you have it in the slot 2)
Support - (If there is a problem, it will be fixed within a week)
GUI - (Simple like the R4, but not text based)
Download Play - (Perfect)
SDHC - (Ahhh yeah!)

There is more, but I don't feel like explaining it.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And what has CycloDS and G6 DS Real does not have?

Native EZ-Flash 3 Support (Meaning you can run .gba games from the menu granted you have it in the slot 2)

Are you sure about this one :X Wasn't it just a request? I mean most people don't even have EZ3s anymore
tongue.gif

They don't?
wtf.gif
What are they using now? I need to saty updated.
The ewin expansion cart?

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
HERE i found the report of repairing a broken M3 real posted yesterday ( in french, the thread also offers some pictures from the inside of a M3 real with lot of comments)

It's sad, but it's EXACTLY the same microSD slot that R4 and M3 DS simply and the welds of Quartz were broken and looking very bad

It looks really cheap.

ThumpieBunnyEve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW! Thank you everyone. By popular rave, I will be buying a Cyclo DS. The overwhelmingly positive responses about the cyclo have won me over. *^u^* And one of you mentioned it has 2 megs of on board ram! That's something I'm defiantly looking for.
bow.gif

It would be nice if there were a Chart someplace that listed each of their features side by side. Maintained by users of this forum or something. But i like the idea of atentative support, and GBA.ROM play as I've a bunch of those.
gba.gif

One thing still remains though,
In my original question, i also asked what Slot 2 memory devices, i should be looking into?
Now i understand they are all relatively similar, but are there some that are better then others?

Fitting into the older model 1 DS is a PRIMARY concern.
memory capacity features and support secondary concerns,
Price, is not a concern at all.

Just out of the blue, I've often wondered why they don't leave room for cramming in 2 or 4 cards.
Like, the Extremely rare 8gb SDHC, x 4 in a big slot 2 cart! it'd be fun to have 32 GB raided across a tiny card *^u^*
that or one of thoes Mini-Usb female jacks, so that i could connect my Western Digital Passport 250 gig to the cart when necessary. It runs on 5v of power. And my DS pushes 8! it can handle the strain for like 15 min while i swap MP3's or movies on or off the drive!
nyanya.gif

Ok that's it for now.
Hope to hear more replies. *^u^*

I gota go for now, it's 1pm and i've yet to feed Yoda his morning sacrifice.
-TBE & Yoda the garden gnome.
ph34r.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The onboard RAM is strictly for their firmware, and most likely cannot be used for anything else, so don't get too excited about that.

They would never make a card like this. The interest in a card like this will be a restricted amount (ie. those who have 2 or 4 cards or a USB-powered hard drive). I don't think it is possible anyway.

ZeminkoX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Buy a CycloDS Evolution and this memory stick: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/se...AIN#detailspecs.

That'll run practically every single DS game with no problem at all, even problem games like Castlevania work without a hitch using that stick.

For a slot 2 to go with an Evolution your best bet is an EZFlash 3 in 1.

ThumpieBunnyEve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i mentioned that a Primary concern, was that it must fit in a Model 1 NDS. EZFlash 3 in 1 seems to be for DS lite only. I could be wrong, but the Lite version is the only one i can find pics of on the EZFlash Web site. And it won't fit in my DS Model 1. >p

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.