GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
wut emulators does it have built in. or what system ROMs can it play besides GBA and NDS?

thnx in advance!!
cool.gif
nds.gif
grog.gif
mad.gif
unsure.gif
laugh.gif
rofl2.gif
mad.gif
wub.gif
:'(
smile.gif
gba.gif
psp.gif
yaypsp.gif
mad.gif
tongue.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
According to the U-disk manager it will open .gg (Game Gear), .sms (Sega Master System), .nes (duh), .pce (PCEngine/TG16) and .gb (Gameboy/Gameboy color). All are GBA mode emulators.

p.s. If you don't stop abusing the smileys I'm gonna tell your mom on you, taco boy.

fr3kazoid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
According to the U-disk manager it will open .gg (Game Gear), .sms (Sega Master System), .nes (duh), .pce (PCEngine/TG16) and .gb (Gameboy/Gameboy color). All are GBA mode emulators.

p.s. If you don't stop abusing the smileys I'm gonna tell your mom on you, taco boy.

What?? You're saying that the G6 has these built in and there's no need to add an emulator to the flashcart? I think I misunderstood the TP's question or your answer...

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The G6 does have some GBA mode emulators built in.

If you start the U-disk manager and click 'write' in the GBA tab it lists those file types (as well as .gba and .zip) as ones it can open. I haven't tested the others, but the NES and GB ones work. When you load a rom to be emulated that way it appends the rom to an emulator and puts the resulting .gba file in with the GBA games.

You can supposedly run emulated roms directly (without running them through the U-disk manager) if you have the EMU folder on your G6, but I've never tried it.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tried it. You can run NES, Gameboy & PCEngine games without appending them to an emulator, but without running them through the U-disk manager there is no way to manage the saves. NES games will save to SRAM, but no save file is written to the cart. GB games won't save. Even if you do run the games through U-disk, it won't give you the option for real time saves.

PCE games are slow as hell. I only tried one (R-Type) and it didn't have a save feature.

I couldn't get GameGear or Master System emulation working either way, but it might have been my roms. I only tried Sonic 2 for GG and R-Type for SMS.

Conclusion: If you actually care about GBA mode emulators, you should manually append the game to your emulator of choice and run it through U-disk as a GBA rom. That way you will be able to save normally and use real time saves.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It looks like the built in GB emulator is Goomba, not Goomba Color, so the built in emu will not play GBC. Just get Goomba Color if you want GBC.

Better yet, just play them on the PC with VisualBoyAdvance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.