XP
Country
United States
g6ds.gif
G6/M3 DS Real loader v3.3
Save Files Now Use Different Extensions
Handsource_G6DS-R.jpg
m3real.gif
The G6/M3 Team have released loader version 3.3 for their non-identical-twin cards.
According to the Engrish changelog, default save files will now use the extension '.sav' instead of '.0'
The update fixes NDS #2166, #2172, #2189, and #2203. This version also comes with a new loading screen.

1. NDS game changes the default file named *. sav, corresponding to the transition to the game with SAKURA filing system;
(Compatible with programmes and processes:
Installation of a new version of system, the operation has been carried out NDS game, the game of the default *. 0 archived data will be stored in the new default file *. sav document, the original filing default *. 0 still remain in the microSD card (G6DS Real kept in built-in storage), but the current version of the new system and future versions of the system will not use the *. 0 archive, and the direct use *. sav as the default archive file, in order to achieve to use *. sav archive files transition. If a user deems it necessary, in the computer manually delete *. 0 archive, *. sav reservations can be archived, it will not lead to progress archived games lost.)

2. Amendment "0062/0133/0165/0187/0370/0381/0814/1327- Madagascar Island (US / British / Italian / German / French / / West / Europe)," the problem can not be normal archiving can now be archived normal games;

3. Resolved "2166 - puppy room (Japan)," the problem can not run, can now use the soft reset start the game;

4. Resolved "2172 - Guitar sector division and Flemish floor hit (Japan)," after a soft reset the game Dead, now can use the soft reset normal game;

5. Resolved "2189 - Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword (the United States)" after a soft reset the game Dead, now can use the soft reset normal game;

6. Resolved "2203 - a simple series Vol.35 hominid (Japan)," the problem can not run, can now use the soft reset normal game;

7. Automatic Chinese name to show support for the control of DS games ROM 2204.
download.gif
 Download
icon11.gif
 Official Site

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Demi said:
So do we have to convert our saves back to ".sav" or will this do it automatically?
Yeah I don't understand Engrish.

Does it make a .sav copy of the file or does it only make it with new games?

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About time they dropped that lame ass .0 format.

Nice update. Still waiting you guys to make the loader faster though. It feels like it takes the G6 about ten minutes just for it to get to the main menu. Especially compared to carts like the Evo and R4, which pop into the main menu almost instantly.

The G6/M3 team seriously needs to fix that.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Actually after trying out the new system I wasn't able to use the old saves.
If I understand it well the the menu is supposed to auto convert the .0 to .Sav files automatically, but it just doesn't work.
Also I tried to manually rename every save files and it still couldn't be read.
Am I missing something ? Or is it not fully compatible with my G6 Real ?

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
When you load the game that you've played before and has a Save File *.0, the *.0 file willl be automatically be converted to *.sav . It works perfectly on M3 REAL.

How did you install the New System Files 3.3X, by over writting the old SYSTEM folder or delete the old one then copy the new one into your G6?

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it just because I formatted my card and re-copied everything back or is the default order of the games now A-Z ? Hope this is the default sort order now.

Also just noticed if you leave the screen in the menu, it turns the both screen lights off after a short while... is that new as well ?

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my G6 nuked my saves as well. luckily, i had just backed all of them up a few hours before my upgrade. i did manage to get them converted myself, though. it's a pain in the ass if you have a lot of saves, but Shuny's savegame converter worked for me using M3 Simply as the Target Format.

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to convert it. You just have to rename the .0 to .sav for it to be read. I already noted the problem in the other topic, but i'll summarize.

The G6 doesn't load from the .0 and create a .sav. It simply loads the .sav. If there is none, it loads nothing. But come reboot, it doesn't write to the .sav. It writes to the .0. So if you loaded nothing, it overwrites your .0 save with a blank sav.

It really is unacceptable. I'm sick of how they mistreat the G6. If they didn't want it to work both ways, they should make seperate firmwares.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CYatta said:
You don't have to convert it. You just have to rename the .0 to .sav for it to be read. I already noted the problem in the other topic, but i'll summarize.

The G6 doesn't load from the .0 and create a .sav. It simply loads the .sav. If there is none, it loads nothing. But come reboot, it doesn't write to the .sav. It writes to the .0. So if you loaded nothing, it overwrites your .0 save with a blank sav.

It really is unacceptable. I'm sick of how they mistreat the G6. If they didn't want it to work both ways, they should make seperate firmwares.

Me too, it got rid of some of my saves.
cry.gif

A single firmware for both my arse.

Barta

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anyone know how to get english text on a Chinese M3 real?
I see .eng files in the system directory, but I can't select English when I first start the M3 real.

Also the patching isn't working anymore
cry.gif

Or is there a new version?

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CYatta said:

Agreed with that. It's like these firmwares are meant for the M3, but they just throw them in for the G6 too. I really wish they would make separate firmwares.

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CYatta said:

well, my wife always says i like to do things the hard way.

that's good to know, but i've already "converted" my saves with shuny's tool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol
    19 inches it was glorious lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, If it doesn't fit, you should've gotten one smaller lol
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If a racoon can fit up to 8-inches then so be it
    +1
    Lol it it fits I sit? Lol
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Will it blend lol
    +1
    Blended families!!!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Blended families!!!