Hacking G6 lite write times

stonefry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the review, it says that the entire 512MB card can be written in less than 60 seconds.

Anybody think it is more like 10 minutes? I have never tried to write the whole card at once, but I have written single DS roms that took longer than 60 seconds.

-stonefry

derderbste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
when i copied with my filemanager several files, it didn´t come over 1MB/s. so it seems it is only usb 1.1 and not 2.0... could that be?

stonefry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am pretty sure it isn't USB 2.0 because I have ports on my computer that are only for 1.1 and if I plug a 2.0 device into those ports it gives me the "this device can run faster yadda yadda". But I don't get that message with the G6L.

temper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Who cares?

Really, if a game takes 1 minute to write or 10 minutes, since you probably spend 1000x that time playing the game the write overhead is not that much.

Go take a cup of coffee meanwhile
cool.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this is where the supercard has a leg up over the m3 and the g6.....the software really is much faster and patches games in batches. I think the m3/g6 team could @ least have the decency to support .zip files properly in my opinion.

SlyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am using USB 2.0. It is not as fast as they claim, but I don't really mind if it takes me 5 minutes to fill my card up. You can still do other things on your computer while it's writing. Quicker write times wouldn't hurt, but with the games being so small, I don't really see the need. If these games were as big as PSP games, there would be a major problem with these write speeds.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmmmm, I know about that check button, I always thought it was a function that doesn't work (I assumed it means I can apply a default option that I pick for all roms I patch). How do you batch up a bunch of roms @ once then? Everytime I write something I hit write and then select rom.......maybe I can select multiple roms @ once? Is that what you guys are doing? Should of tried that myself. =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.