G6 Lite write problem

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by luciphaze, Nov 1, 2006.

Nov 1, 2006

G6 Lite write problem by luciphaze at 10:54 PM (685 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. luciphaze
    OP

Newcomer luciphaze Newbie

United States
    Okay, so my G6 Lite came in the mail today. I had problems getting the software to work under Win2k (it crashed after I selected the flash drive,) but I logged on as a different user and it's able to load now. However, whenever I select Write->Open for a GBA/DS file, the U-Disk Manager says "Error in open file!" and refuses to write to the cart. Does anyone have any clue on how to fix this, or alternate methods of writing GBA/DS games to the cart?

2. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    sounds like something is conflicting on your operating system, try removing and reinstalling the u-disk manager but if that doesn't work....I suggest another computer. But if the drive is detected and you can manipulate it fine normally through windows (aka formatting, deleting/adding files manually), then it's the u-disk manager that has the problem.

3. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    Are your roms zipped? If so unzip them.

4. luciphaze
    OP

Newcomer luciphaze Newbie

United States
    Hey guys, thanks for your responses. No, the files aren't zipped. Sadly, my Win98 box is currently inaccessible. I've heard of other people having problems with the loader under Win2k. Has anyone else had similar problems? I'm going to try regressing to 4.4 later tonight. Hopefully some twiddling will result in success. I'll keep you posted.

5. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    If the files are zipped, they will work if the only file in the zip file is the .nds file (rom). If it has multiple files, then it'll just say write ok and won't do anything. I only run win2k and I've never had a problem writing to the g6.