G6 Lite, USB problems.

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by slayerspud, Dec 3, 2007.

Dec 3, 2007

G6 Lite, USB problems. by slayerspud at 9:57 PM (726 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. slayerspud
    OP

Member slayerspud GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Well basically I have had my G6 for about 9ish months now and all of a sudden, I have ran into my first problem.
    The udisk reader, cannot see my G6. My computer sees the reader, and makes the USB found sound and adds it to safely remove hardware, but no matter what I do, I cannot seem so it get it to find the G6 itself, and display the Blue LED.

Edit: Forgot to mention that my G6 Lite works fine in my DS no problems, it just seems to be the reader.

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks

2. scandal_uk

Member scandal_uk GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hmmm, tricky..

I have had this problem with one of my G6 U-Disk Lite readers before, but it stopped after a while (I think I cleaned the contacts on both the card and reader before it worked again).

Try cleaning it with a dry cloth first of all, and try to make sure your particular USB port on your PC is a good one (so often my friends have changed their USB port for their reader to a bad one - so it does happen, believe me!).

Maybe none of that is any help at all - but I am trying...

3. slayerspud
    OP

Member slayerspud GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the help.

I have tried many different USB ports, on two different computers and it still has the same problem. I am going to try and clean the contacts when I get home from school, and then try my G6 in my friends reader to see if that is the problem.

4. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    after cleaning ur contacts, try putting and removing your G6 for like 30 times, its one of proven methods.

5. pikirika

Member pikirika GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Same problem here [​IMG]
    My GBM can read it , but I can't upload more GBA games.