G6 Lite To Retail Next Week!

Kartel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Also, there is no information about when the M3 Lite will be released, it could take weeks, months...

Well that's not true, according to Danny from M3, the M3-Lite will be released within one months time.

From what i've heard the adapter (M3 Lite) is already done, they're working on fitting it into the NDS Lite without sticking out anything at all.

zragnarok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, there is no information about when the M3 Lite will be released, it could take weeks, months...

Well that's not true, according to Danny from M3, the M3-Lite will be released within one months time.

From what i've heard the adapter (M3 Lite) is already done, they're working on fitting it into the NDS Lite without sticking out anything at all.

this "danny from m3" is also the same guy who spread false rumors about the ez4 being incompatible with the superkey... im starting to think of m3 as a real shady company

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Opium please, can you tell me if you can use the M3 skins on the G6 to change the look of the menu ? If not is there any way to skin the G6 menu ?
I also heard the G6 has some compatibility problems with GBA, is it true (some sort of buggy behaviour when you choose not to use Real Time patch in the G6 manager).

To end all my questions, can you make screenshots of each different part of the menu ? I would like to compare it with the M3's........the G6 Lite is very appealing......I'm hesitating..........
wacko.gif

I'm not sure about skins. I haven' been able to apply any different skins on my G6.

menu.jpg
loading.jpg

menu2.jpg

There are a few pictures I took. The menu is very slick, it looks a lot different and a lot nicer than the old menu system. When you click/tap a game to start it a small clock will appear to showing loading. When the whole circle is green the game will boot. This only take about 3 seconds, exactly the same as before, but now you have a visual reference.

At the top right hand corner is a drop down menu. You can select between the typical NDS game view, My Card (shows you all the folders and files on your card), media (which boots straight to the movie and music player software with no delay) and pdaDS (which is the same as the M3 pda, however still only available in Chinese, so there's no point in using that yet). The PDA software is about 30MB unless you include the dictionary (chinese) which is a whooping 40MB all on it's own. To make the pdaDS work you just copy the pdaDS folder to the root of your G6 cart.

I just installed the new v4.0 software for the G6 and G6 Lite. The software is the same for both. And damn, it has a much better menu system now with long filename support. Plus entering into GBA mode works correctly, the backlight on the bottom screen turns off.

A VERY nice update. Can't wait for the G6 Lite to reach us over here.

How is the compatibility in your opinion Opium?

NDS rom compatibility: 100%
GBA rom compatibility: 100% (to the best of my knowledge).

However I don't like to use the G6 for GBA uses for the reasons I listed in my G6-Flash review. Real-Time save patch stops a significant amount of games from working. Mario Tennis for example, the game will appear to work like normal but in a tennis match all the graphics are garbled. And if you chose not to use the Real-Time save patch on a rom when you copy it ove rin the G6 manager, the GBA menu asks you again whether you want to apply the patch just before the rom boots up on the G6! It's very annoying because it asks you EVERYTIME. I didn't want the damn patch in the first place so stop trying to make me apply it damn you!
That and the gba rom compression feature on the G6 is a joke. Yeah I'm fine with waiting 4 minutes everytime I want to play a GBA game....

QUOTE(Opium @ Jun 19 2006, 10:37 AM)I just installed the new v4.0 software for the G6 and G6 Lite. The software is the same for both. And damn, it has a much better menu system now with long filename support. Plus entering into GBA mode works correctly, the backlight on the bottom screen turns off.

A VERY nice update. Can't wait for the G6 Lite to reach us over here.
Should I be concerned about using 4.0 since it's a beta?

Nope. Seems to work just fine on my G6. The only thing that isn't working is the DS rom trim option. But I suppose it's still beta, give them time.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Could I convert my saved data files from my Supercard to work on the G6 Lite Opium?

I believe so yes. You just have to rename them as the g6 saves aren't called 'gamename.sav' but rather 'gamename.0'
I'm told their both raw save formats though so they should work fine. Similarly there is an application out to convert M3 saves to .sav files (which in turn you can rename for g6 use)

E

exile

Thanks for the reply Opium. Sounds like the GBA support is not optimal. That would definitely be a secondary use for me with the cart anyway, but it would be nice to have since I have an older gba flash cart right now and would like to get away with only buying one.

Any chance those gba issues have been fixed with the new software? The fact that it tries to force you to do the patch seems ridiculous.

And by real time save, I assume you mean the ability to keep save states?

Does anyone know if the G6lite will have a battery for the gba by chance either?

galaxykidgamma

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
United States
gba is of great importance to me, i saw one post claiming close to 100% compat for gba, how much does applying rts reduce? and is 4 minutes a reasonable figure? that sounds outrageous! someone said in another post that its only about 10 seconds per megabit. any clues on when we'll see the 8Gb?

finally, will m3 lite really be dropping gba?

apelete

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Thanks Opium.
So the drop-drown menu is the only way you have now to access the other functions of the G6 ? No more (ugly) screen with the differents icons to access each function (video, pda, game, cart) ? Sounds very good indeed...
Let's also hope they will fix that GBA rts bug, I really need the gba loader to work properly.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The V4 corrected the warning on GBA games : "are you really really sure you don't want to apply a patch to your game ?" nooo I don't !!
This message don't appear anymore. the GBA game run after loading.

I didn't try the patching method in the V4 manager to see if game are still garbaged, the manager is not working on my PC.

emirof

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
4 minutes to load a GBA game O.o
Say what?
If you choose to compress your roms you will have to load them 4 minutes, but with normal trim the loading time is only about 7 sek.
And to everyone who installs g6 v4.0 beta - be sure to copy your saves first .
I didn't and lost half of mine when I ran the games with the new firmware
hate2.gif

E

exile

I think I only have one more last question on this cart to make up my mind.

Does LAN and internet multiplayer work fine with the G6?

The main reason I am getting a DS flash card is because I have two DS's and about 40 DS games. I do not want to buy multiples though so I can play my wife. That just seems stupid and doing the single cart download play is often really lame and slow.

Thanks again for the info guys. You are all great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anybody here?