G6 Lite - Some questions...

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Capt.Jack, Sep 27, 2007.

Sep 27, 2007
  1. Capt.Jack
    OP

Newcomer Capt.Jack Newbie

Israel
    Hi, I've been looking into getting a cartridge and after doing a little research i found the G6 lite the best.

Now, assume total noobishness, so let me know on anything I might miss.

- The g6 lite is a slot 2 solution, meaning it can play both GBA and NDS games without any other addition or modification
    - The 4Gb is enough, at the very least, to hold 8 full blow NDS games, but probably more for mixed NDS/GBA games
    - It is currently out of stock (?)
    - It will be available next month (?)
    - Aside from some M3 devices, there isn't another solution that offers such capabilities with the same or larger capacity
    - I need a software on the host to transfer ROMs

Anything I might have missed? something you guys would like to add? please, anything you might think of, i'm new to this NDS business.

A closing question, what the hell is a passcard? why would I want/need one?

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    You will need a passcard to boot the G6 Lite if you do not have FlashMe already installed (flashme is a replacement for a passcard - it is a modified firmware with the same appearance as the DS Menu)

3. Capt.Jack
    OP

Israel

Huh... so not only do I need one, I *must* have one if even want to use the G6 lite features?

what are the differences between passcards? are there any recommended ones?

4. Capt.Jack
    OP

Israel
    Bump.

Anyone? Some detailed answers?

5. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    A passcard is a passcard, no real difference between them, find the cheapest one you can, generally around 15 bucks. Slot 1 cards can also act as a passcard, so you may want to get a cheap slot one card, and use the Lite as a dedicated GBA cart, depending on how much money you got kickin' around. I've got a G6 Lite (slot 2) and a G6 Real (slot 1), and it's an awesome combo.

If you can convince someone to let you borrow a passcard, you can flash your DS and give it right back to them, never needing a passcard again. Flashing is a little unnerving to do, was for me anyway, but it's far from hard if you go through a tutorial first and take a little time to make a nice flashing tool (tin foil and toothpick.)

I've never had a problem with the G6 Lite's storage space, 8 DS games at a time and some GBA stuff is more than enough for me. The only real reason I got the G6 Real at all was to be able to use it on a Macintosh easily. I kept the G6 Lite cuz there's a few GBA games that I really love.

If you're gonna do media like music and movies and stuff, an external memory cart (M3 etc...) would be the way to go, if not, I can't complain at all with the G6.

Hope this helped some. [​IMG]

6. Capt.Jack
    OP

Israel
    Yep, pretty much all I needed to know.

Thanks!