G6 lite "Processing data ..." screen freeze.

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Redmax514, Oct 26, 2006.

Oct 26, 2006
  1. Redmax514
    OP

Newcomer Redmax514 Newbie

Canada
    So i just bought the G6 lite 4gb kit and i've been working on fixing my problem for the past 4 days, i read all the posts in GBAtemp, i used the loader files and pressed the start+select+A+B, i even formated the drive for the love of god.
    but i keep getting the same problem. [​IMG]

My problem: after adding a gba rom to the flash drive using the U-disk program i plug it into my Gba SP and i get the message " Processing data... keep power on ". that is as far as i got with this hardware... the message never goes away i kept my gba on for like 30 min and still processing data. what a bummer.

Please brilliant minds out there help this poor noob.

2. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    have you done a low level format using the mptutil included on the CD of your g6? Or tried flushing the main memory of the g6 by holding L/R/start/select @ the green text part starting GBA mode (via this thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=37111) .

3. Redmax514
    OP

Canada
    Yup i used the MPutility file i got from the most updated site http://www.handheldsources.com/Download.html
    and i did the soft restart with the start+select+a+B on the green text with those two load files in the G6 root. i get this screen that counts up to 30/30 then it goes back to that same damn processing screen.

Thanks for try to help though i apprechiate.

Am i doomed ? please if anyone can help me find the problem i'll photoshop your face on a status just like a god.
    [​IMG]

4. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    read my post again, I didn't tell you to update the loader via start/select/a/b again, I told you to reset the main memory. give that a go.

5. Redmax514
    OP

Canada
    Doh nnob as i am i didn't notice the L+R+start+select made an other feature on my game boy.
    i will do so then re format it again and get back to you.

thanks
    sincerly the biggest noob on the planet [​IMG]

6. Redmax514
    OP

Canada
    So i did the L+R+Start+select then i formated the drive with my computer then i used the MPutility, added the files and the load files in the root too. i plugged it back in my gba did the reload 30/30 thing ....and now i'm still looking at that same damn "...keep power on!" screen. [​IMG]

WTF is going on why does it look so simple to use in the user guides but when i get the product at hand i'm faced with all this crap.

anyways thanks for the advice tama_mog if you or anyone else have suggestions please keep them comming.

i'm not giving up.

7. Redmax514
    OP

Canada
  8. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States

heh, no problem. I'm glad things worked out. Happy gaming.