G6 lite "Processing data ..." screen freeze.

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Redmax514, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Redmax514
    OP

Redmax514 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2006
    Canada
    So i just bought the G6 lite 4gb kit and i've been working on fixing my problem for the past 4 days, i read all the posts in GBAtemp, i used the loader files and pressed the start+select+A+B, i even formated the drive for the love of god.
    but i keep getting the same problem. [​IMG]

My problem: after adding a gba rom to the flash drive using the U-disk program i plug it into my Gba SP and i get the message " Processing data... keep power on ". that is as far as i got with this hardware... the message never goes away i kept my gba on for like 30 min and still processing data. what a bummer.

Please brilliant minds out there help this poor noob.

2. tama_mog

tama_mog Kupo

May 6, 2006
    United States
    have you done a low level format using the mptutil included on the CD of your g6? Or tried flushing the main memory of the g6 by holding L/R/start/select @ the green text part starting GBA mode (via this thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=37111) .

3. Redmax514
    OP

Redmax514 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2006
    Canada
    Yup i used the MPutility file i got from the most updated site http://www.handheldsources.com/Download.html
    and i did the soft restart with the start+select+a+B on the green text with those two load files in the G6 root. i get this screen that counts up to 30/30 then it goes back to that same damn processing screen.

Thanks for try to help though i apprechiate.

Am i doomed ? please if anyone can help me find the problem i'll photoshop your face on a status just like a god.
    [​IMG]

4. tama_mog

tama_mog Kupo

May 6, 2006
    United States
    read my post again, I didn't tell you to update the loader via start/select/a/b again, I told you to reset the main memory. give that a go.

5. Redmax514
    OP

Redmax514 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2006
    Canada
    Doh nnob as i am i didn't notice the L+R+start+select made an other feature on my game boy.
    i will do so then re format it again and get back to you.

thanks
    sincerly the biggest noob on the planet [​IMG]

6. Redmax514
    OP

Redmax514 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2006
    Canada
    So i did the L+R+Start+select then i formated the drive with my computer then i used the MPutility, added the files and the load files in the root too. i plugged it back in my gba did the reload 30/30 thing ....and now i'm still looking at that same damn "...keep power on!" screen. [​IMG]

WTF is going on why does it look so simple to use in the user guides but when i get the product at hand i'm faced with all this crap.

anyways thanks for the advice tama_mog if you or anyone else have suggestions please keep them comming.

i'm not giving up.

7. Redmax514
    OP

Redmax514 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2006
    Canada
  8. tama_mog

tama_mog Kupo

May 6, 2006
    United States

heh, no problem. I'm glad things worked out. Happy gaming.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice