G6 lite problems

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by emalem, Oct 8, 2006.

Oct 8, 2006

G6 lite problems by emalem at 3:28 PM (549 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. emalem
    OP

Newcomer emalem Newbie

Sweden
    Everytime i connect my G6 lite to my computer the computer asks me to reformat the disk. I have tried to erase the memory using the L+R+select+start combination in the gba startup screen.

I have also used the G6 utility without success. Occasionaly i can get it to work and manage to put som roms on it and even play. However, everytime I want to put a new game on, the disk needs to be reformated, resulting in all saves and games on the cartridge being lost. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Or is there a hardware problem with my G6 lite?

2. ds6220

Member ds6220 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i have had plenty of times when Windows would check the disk and recomend I reformat it or fix it. there have been a few times I have simply saved my saves to my hard drive, did a full format (FAT 16, yo) and then simply put the games back on with the backed up saves and I would be right where I was with the games but windows is happy.

3. emalem
    OP

Newcomer emalem Newbie

Sweden
    The problem is that I cant make backups on the games since i cannot access the G6. Everytime I want to access it the computer asks me to reformat it.

4. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    this sounds more like a casing problem with inconsistent contacts. I would try different cases and see what happens or realign the pcboard inside the current case.