G6 Lite Pokemon migration

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Logitech, Mar 29, 2008.

Mar 29, 2008

G6 Lite Pokemon migration by Logitech at 2:07 AM (1,710 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Logitech
    OP

Newcomer Logitech Newbie

Hello,
    I'm looking for linker for my Gameboy Micro that allows me to play pokemon series with real time clock support so G6 Lite seems to be a great choice. But in future I'm planning to transfer pokemons from Pokemon Emerald (G6 Lite) to Pokemon Diamond (ROM or orginal). Is this possible to migrate pokes with this linker on DS Lite?

Thanks in advance.

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Not currently. You can migrate pokeymans to an M3 Real (and presumably the G6 Real) from an M3 Perfect or the M3 GBA expansion cart, to the Supercard DS 1 from a slot 2 supercard (you don't want one of those, they suck for GBA), or to a patched Diamond or Pearl rom on any flashcart from an EZ-Flash 3-in-1.

You cannot migrate pokeymans to an original Diamond or Pearl cart from any flashcart.

3. Logitech
    OP

Newcomer Logitech Newbie

Thanks for answer but are you sure for 100% that G6 Lite does not allow to migrate pokemons via roms? I just read f.a.q -> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=36554
    "NDS-GBA Linkage" part of it looks promising. Unfortunately there is no information about pokemon Emerald -> Pokemon Diamond compatibility.

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    I'm aware of the G6 Lite's capabilites (it was my first flashcart). DSGBA linkage works with most games, but the pokemon games are different. No other games actually deal with the GBA game's save data when linking a DS game and a GBA game, so no flashcart bothered making that save data available when linking games. On top of this, no slot 2 flashcart has a save data chip that an unpatched Diamond or Pearl game can use.

Due to these reasons it is impossible to link pokemon games using any flashcart that doesn't specifically support pokemon linkage, and it is impossible to link a retail Diamond or Pearl cart with any slot 2 flashcart. This applies to all of the things that linkage enables in the DS games, not just pokeyman migration; If the DS game can't read the save data it will refuse to accept the GBA cart for linkage.

5. Jdbye

Suspended Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    The reason for this is that the GBA Pokemon games have TWO save chips, and uses the dreaded flash save type. Slot-2 carts don't support this save type directly, so they must be patched, therefore every game that you want to be able to read that save also needs to be patched, and you can't patch retail carts [​IMG]

6. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I don't think a slot-2 Supercard is actually needed for migrating to D/P when using a Supercard DS, though the process only works on the SCDS in the first place. The user at http://www.scdev.org/forum/index.php?topic...g93781#msg93781 seems to indicate that you just put the clean GBA rom and 128 KB save file on the SCDS's microSD card and it will work.

Of course, that doesn't help you with the G6 Lite. I just wanted to clarify one of Destructobot's points.