G6 lite -> NDSL Duct cover?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by iwakura, Apr 20, 2007.

Apr 20, 2007

G6 lite -> NDSL Duct cover? by iwakura at 1:08 AM (596 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. iwakura
    OP

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but I tried the search function and it game me 45 pages. and most of the stuff was completely irrelevant. I also never keep up with the G6 forum, so pardon me if it has been asked.

Has anyone tried taking out the G6 and putting into the dust cover that comes with the NDSL? I looked at them, and it seems that if i cut a little bit of the NDSL cover it will fit... Has anyone tried?

2. thieves like us

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    yes, this has been covered numerous times in the past. the G6 motherboard will not fit directly into the ds lite's dust cover. you would need to dremel out sections (almost to the point of it being transparent in areas [​IMG]).

however, the question is "why?". the G6 comes with shells of every colour ds lite that is available. if you didn't get a cover to match your ds lite, you're better off just asking around here. someone will probably gladly sell you one pretty reasonable.
    kick trading also has some colour covers available for about $2 ea.

3. iwakura
    OP

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    mine sure didnt come with other colors [​IMG]

hmm i guess ill consider buying a case. but my G6 also doesnt slide so well into the USB adapter, and the dust cover has a much better feel...