G6 lite may stop working over time?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by skomand, Oct 10, 2006.

Oct 10, 2006
  1. skomand
    OP

Newcomer skomand Member

United States
    So one of the guides says that the G6 may stop working over time, or has been shown to become slowly corrupted until saves are unusable.

In your experience, you meaning anyone reading this post, is this corruption something that's avoidable with careful use (i.e. always clicking on "remove hardware"; treating cart and burner carefully) ....or does it just happen out of the blue, one day, for no reason, boom, corrupted saves?

Thanks.

2. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    I have had my G6 since the Chinese version was released, not once corrupted, neither have any of my friends' G6s (4 others)

3. ugly_rose

Member ugly_rose GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    I second outphase, I have no experience whatsoever with corrupt files on my G6.

4. wes

wes Newbie

My G6 is also not good, with some games it does not save, like brain age (eur) and mario vs donkey kong 2 and some others, i don't know if this is a hardware flaw or if i overlooked something, the battery should be good since other games do save well.

5. boi@r

Newcomer boi@r Newbie

Russia
    Oh, and I have... last saturday my pokemon Diamond saves were corrupted. First it was strange behavior of them whit not coorect saves and loads, and then... pooof... and they suddenly dessapeared. And now I have some probs with saving some other games... and my g6 lite is only two month old >_>

6. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    No problems here with G6L Chinese after a few months. In which guide did you read that it "becomes slowly corrupted..."? Hm, I think I read this sentence before... [​IMG]

7. hey_suburbia

Member hey_suburbia Do The Lizard Bop

United States
    Have had my G6 Lite since early July and have had no problems. I think it's hit or miss.

8. skomand
    OP

Newcomer skomand Member

United States
    it was in one of the guides....the full guide to the many DS options...a 26 page pdf i believe

9. rkenshin

Member rkenshin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Oh FifthE1ement's buyer's guide..

Not to say anything but he only had a G6Lite for like a week or so which means anything he says about it is based on other's opinions which could very well be in the minority..

10. WishCow

Newcomer WishCow Advanced Member

Hungary
    Or maybe his card went kaput after a week

11. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    it really is a hit or miss with the g6 lite, so I would make sure you purchase from a reputable vendor with a good return policy.

12. Hypnotoad

Member Hypnotoad GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'll second, and third what outphase and uglyrose said. I've used the G6 3rd Edition, and the new G6Lite since they were both released. Never had any sort of problem with corruption, lost data, bad memory, etc.

13. rkenshin

Member rkenshin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    He borrowed it and he never said anything about it getting corrupted until seeing Weej make that topic about his G6Lite dying and decided it was a nice tidbit to add into his guide

14. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    That's how rumors are spread... That "guide" needs an update [​IMG]