G6 Lite & GBA game question

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by cyfaws, Aug 3, 2006.

Aug 3, 2006

G6 Lite & GBA game question by cyfaws at 10:51 PM (1,078 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. cyfaws
    OP

Newcomer cyfaws Member

Sweden
    Hello.
    I just got my G6 Lite, I've never used any products from G6 before. Are these carts known to cause garbled graphics on GBA games? Roms without intros seems to be working perfectly, but ones with intros or applied trainers with menus get garbled graphics and white screen freeze after I press start.

My F2AU never did this to me... it had other, more intricate, ways of tormenting me. Yes...you're not so tough now, are you? ARE YOU?!
    Hrrm...anyway...should I get used to the idea of never using trainers and remove intros before flashing the games?

2. dfi

Newcomer dfi Member

United States
    Which gba games are u talking about?

I had problems with racing gears advance but updating to the latest loader/pc sw fixed the problem.

The few other gba games (mario golf, mario tennis, namco muesum) I tried, all worked pretty well.

3. cyfaws
    OP

Newcomer cyfaws Member

Sweden
    Castlevania_Aria_of_Sorrow_Multi3-GBA-EURASiA
    Castlevania_Circle_of_the_Moon_EUR_GBA-EURASIA
    Castlevania_Harmony_of_Dissonance_USA_GBA-CHUTeam
    Mario_and_Luigi_Superstar_Saga_WORKING_EURO_GBA-EURASIA
    Metroid_Fusion_USA_GBA-GBN
    Metroid_Zero_Mission_SIZEFIX_USA_GBA-TRaSHMaN

Castlevania HOD and COTM actually does work, but has garbled graphics on the trainer, and HOD crash if I put any of the options to "yes".

The others either came with an intro or I applied a trainer.

I am using the latest software and loader for the G6. All updated ok, and the games flashed, as far as I can tell, ok.
    Maybe it's something in the write settings it doesn't like?

4. dfi

Newcomer dfi Member

United States
    I tried the castlevania double pack (which includes aos and hod) and it worked.

Metroid fusion and superstar saga worked for me too.

Do you have real time save enabled? I think that causes problems.

5. cyfaws
    OP

Newcomer cyfaws Member

Sweden
    Can't remember exactly, but I think I used RTS for all GBA games. I'll try re-flashing them without it. Thanks for the tips.