OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey.

So I've had my G6 Lite for over a year now, and I'm experiencing problems with what I think is the USB dongle. Basically, when I insert the dongle into my PC, Windows detects the G6 as a Removable Disk as usual, however trying to access it now brings up a "This Disk is not formatted" dialogue, asking if I want to format it. But the thing is, I can still play games perfectly on the DS, I'm just currently restricted to playing the games which are on the G6 at the moment.

Question: Has anyone come across this error before? Will accepting Windows' offer to format it fix the problem? This is really annoying, since I currently have no way to get games on the darn thing, and I really want to play Apollo Justice :/

Edit:
I should also mention that I've always taken good care of the dongle, always "safely removing it" and all of that jazz. I've also tested this on my notebook, with the same result.

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i got the same problem
and friend of mine who also have G6 have the same problem

Rescently i ve try to format my G6 (fat16) errors don't appears but sometimes it s hard for my pc to recognize the g6 usb burner .....

I think G6 lite doesn't have more than 2 year life-time

Loop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a G6 lite USB dongle, plus the various cases (not the black one) that I am looking to get rid of.
PM me if you are interested.
Loop

Vodka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like everyone's G6 Lite is dying at the same time (or at least, the dongle is.) I never had your exact problem, but for the last few months it had been randomly corrupting my save files, and then one day the USB dongle just stopped working entirely. Cart is still fine (except for the save game problems), but the USB reader is dead. Got rid of it and using a SCDS1 SDHC now.

Astral_

GBAtemp elder
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just got the same problem as you guys (although the message I get on my PC is slightly different), starting yesterday.
Cart is fine, but when I plug it the dongle/PC I get a "Incorrect fuction" message.
I'll try the Internal formatting, though I search for a way to get my saves on the PC (I'm not getting my hopes up on this though).

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i've had my G6 lite for around 1 year now, so far it's been working fine, hopefully it will stay that way but if it dosn't i guess i can buy a backup gba flashcart just in case.

Astral_

GBAtemp elder
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well all I can say is... backup your saves to your PC often
smile.gif

I formatted the G6 from the DS, and I'm now able to format it again on the PC, which I could not do before. I think it should work again.
Just trashed my Picross and FFCC saves though :'(

Edit: For those who care, my G6 Lite now works again ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8