G6 Lite (English) with problem!

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by TM_Sephiroth, Jan 17, 2007.

Jan 17, 2007
  1. TM_Sephiroth
    OP

Newcomer TM_Sephiroth Advanced Member

Brazil
    Hi!

I'm having problems with my G6 Lite (again...)

Many times when I turn ON the DSm and goes to the G6 Lite "Main Menu Screen"...don't appear nothing just stay a black screen ( Touch-Screen only, Top-Screen appears normally : "G6 Touch Pod..." )
    Obs. Sometimes, in-games crashes happens (Normally but not always, at "Loading screens"...Mario Kart DS/Mario 64 DS changing courses for example)

I've tryed many things...

Formatted many times and many ways ("combinations")
    One question here: How is the best way to FULL format the G6? (" 1º Format on DS, 2º Format in Windows, 3º Format using the utility, 4º Format in Windows again.." Is this way right? Please, tell me in details about the FULL properly format...)

Also, cleaned the G6 Lite's "Eletronic Circuit"
    One more thing....one time, the G6 turned OFF automatically a couple of times when it's was plugged into the PC... (doing nothing and even when was in the middle of a formating process...)

What more can I do? Anyelse already had these problems?
    Any ideas of what my problem is?

I'm thinking that it's a "circuit problem"...
    Because, sometimes when occurs this problem....I take off the G6 Lite from the DS, put it again right away and boot normally...
    How can I clean/check/fix the Circuit properly?
    I have soft-cleaned with a "Eraser Pencil"... like this one: "Eraser Pencil"

Thanks and sorry for the bad english [​IMG]" ,
    Silvio Lobo

2. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    If you've tried the main memory clearing code already, then that seems to be everything you can do. Sounds like another defective unit. I got rid of the g6 lite when it corrupted the first time but my g6 3rd gens are still alive and kickin. Maybe it's time to replace it with another unit, I recommend a m3 or one of the newer slot 1 units.

3. TM_Sephiroth
    OP

Brazil
    I've already using it for about 3 months...

(And YES, almost everytime that I format it...I format first in DS with the code...)

----

I am almost sure that it's a Circuit "Contact" problem (That part of the G6 that stay in contact with the DS...)

Because, yesterday...again...The problem occured, I turned ON and OFF many times and keep occuring the problem, then I took off the G6 and put it again, and it worked again...

4. slayerspud

Member slayerspud GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Seems you have found your problem.

Just take it out of the case and put it in another / adjust it in the one it is in atm.

5. TM_Sephiroth
    OP

Brazil
    Already did that [​IMG]
    (I switched to the black case again...it's stay more "fixed'...)
    But, the problem it's the same...

-----------

Yeah...
    I already know the problem...
    I just don't take off the G6 from the DS...and when I take off...it has a chance of giving the problem, then I keep putting and taking off until get normally again...
    And, sometimes...even If I don't take it off, gives the problem...