Hacking G6 Lite ENGLISH VERSION INcompatibility list

FNORD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Looks like people are having problems with some popular games like Mario Kart and Animal Crossing...

I would like to know if any list of incompatibility with G6 Lite is available...
smile.gif

fatfree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I heard the only game incompatible currently is Spiderman.

I have the G6 Lite, and can confirm that Mario Kart DS works.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There was a thread where someone said he used Ultimate Spider-Man in safe mode and it worked fine.

E

exile

Pokemon dash really doesn't work still?

What is it with that game? It is funny how all of the carts I have heard of have at least at one time not ran that game well or at all.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just got my g6 today. I haven't played many games but I noticed some weird distortion or fuzz in the audio on the main menu for Meteos (US). I didn't start the game but I heard it during the opening menu. I have the real game so I could tell that this wasn't normal. I was using the settings: soft reset, dofat, and trim. Can someone try the game and see if they notice the same effect?

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I played some of the game, and it was fine. I think even the audio was fine. But whenever I go back to the main menu there is some distortion and static fuzz going on behind the music. It's not supposed to be there. The only thing I did differently with this game was copy a save file from the legit meteos card onto the g6 for use with the rom. I could try starting up a fresh game and see if it makes a difference.

I rewrote Meteos to the cart with no save file and it sounded ok at first but as I cycled through the menus that rumbling fuzz started again. It only comes from the right speaker, and seems to occur only in the menus.
frown.gif

showdown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem with Meteos. The buzzing starts when I switch menus and will stop if I start a game or put it into sleep mode.

Have you noticed slowdown in four player games? I can't tell if it's really slowing down or it's just me.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the same problem with Meteos. The buzzing starts when I switch menus and will stop if I start a game or put it into sleep mode.

Have you noticed slowdown in four player games? I can't tell if it's really slowing down or it's just me.
I have never played multiple player except for a couple 2 player games. I have noticed a little slowdown in single player on certain worlds when things get really busy, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Last night I tried Ultimate Spider-Man with the usual Software Reset/Dofat/Trim and it froze up like everyone says. If you hit Start enough times during the opening you can skip through the intro and get to the game, where it was fine. I'll try using safe mode on it today and see if that helps.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like people are having problems with some popular games like Mario Kart and Animal Crossing...

The very first versions of the G6 Lite shipped with the initial firmware - which did have problems with Mario Kart & Animal Crossing. However, the VERY FIRST update quashed that problem.

I heard the only game incompatible currently is Spiderman.

That's correct..and it's not so much incompatible as it suffers the same issue other flashcarts do - you need to hit start during the intro or else the game will freeze. Once you've pressed start, the game works fine.

here's your g6 compatibility list :

incompatible - Pokemon Dash

This is not true, Pokemon Dash works fine.

QUOTE(Picolo @ Aug 8 2006, 03:56 PM)Mario Kart works fine.. I wonder tho, how can I make the software reset (L+R+A+B to get back to g6 lite menu) work?

Mario Kart is currently not compatible with soft reset - that information is contained in the readme file.

QUOTE(showdown @ Aug 9 2006, 01:47 AM)
I have the same problem with Meteos. The buzzing starts when I switch menus and will stop if I start a game or put it into sleep mode.

I have not experienced this, and I also have the original cart to compare against. I don't trim anything I put on the cart though, and only use soft reset the odd time.

Bottom line: The only rom with an issue is Ultimate Spider-Man, and that's playable after pressing start during the intro. Everything else so far (barring anything new that comes out that requires updated patching software) works fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.