G6 Lite compatibility list? New games not working

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by lumu3650, Jul 30, 2007.

1. lumu3650
    OP

Newcomer lumu3650 Newbie

United States
    Is there a compatibility list somewhere that shows which games work and what write modes to use or if some other methods are necessary?

Seems like newer stuff isn't working... I updated to 4.8d and tried Touch the Dead, Konami Arcade Collection (with default settings) and some others but all I got was black screens.

Or is G6 Lite now dead, and not supported anymore ;(

2. Glacius0

Member Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Pretty much every game works and they update from time to time when there's an important release like Zelda. The ones you mentioned I've both played on mine. Try updating both the cartridge-firmware and the pc-side software. When games don't work with the usual settings, you should try it with "safe mode" and then it will most likely work. You can't use soft reset in this mode though, but that's a minor issue. If things like that bother you, get an R4.

3. lumu3650
    OP

Newcomer lumu3650 Newbie

United States
    Thanks, Glacius! I was slowly getting paranoid because there was no info anywhere about this. But if you got them to work, then I'll just need to try again. I might have messed up the software updates, but first I'll try them all again with safe mode.

4. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    i played Touch and dead, too.

5. scandal_uk

Member scandal_uk GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    All these games worked before the 4.8 firmware. And I always use rom-trim and FAT mode.

Make certain you update the firmware on the actual DS as well as the PC U-Disk Manager.