G6 Lite Chip Problems

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by CrEsPo, Dec 26, 2006.

Dec 26, 2006

G6 Lite Chip Problems by CrEsPo at 4:07 PM (676 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. CrEsPo
    OP

Member CrEsPo GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'm having some real big problems with my G6 Lite. If I take the G6 Lite out of my NDS Lite console it'll screw up the G6 Lite. For example, I can use the G6 Lite in the U-Burner, but if I put it back into the NDS Lite, the G6 Lite will work randomly. I have to keep taking the G6 Lite out and putting the G6 Lite back in for the G6 Lite to work in the NDS Lite console. This probably has to do with how the G6 Lite chip is connecting to the NDS Lite console. Is there anyway to fix this? I tried changing the G6 Lite shell, but I still get the same results. It's a real annoying issue, especially when it takes over 15 times to get the G6 Lite to work.

Recap:
    - Taking the G6 Lite out of the NDS Lite makes it hard for the G6 Lite to work again in the NDS Lite
    - The G6 Lite works perfectly in the U-Burner, no problems what so ever

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Xcursion

Member Xcursion GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Try cleaning the connectors and making sure there isn't anything inside the gba slot of the ds lite like dust.

3. CrEsPo
    OP

Canada
    Yeah, the slot is clean, and I usually blow in it while trying to get it to work just in case. Normal GBA games work fine in the slot, it's just the G6 Lite.

How do you suggest I clean the connectors? I'm not in a rush to experiment with my own method because if you get the wrong method you'd probably short the chip. By the way, did you mean clean the connectors on the G6 Lite or the NDS Lite?

Thanks for the reply.

4. Xcursion

Member Xcursion GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    You could try using a soft cloth from an eye glass cleaning kit. That's what I used to use when I had to clean the connectors of old SNES games that didn't have a dust cover.

5. CrEsPo
    OP

Canada
    Thanks, I'll give it a try. To be honest, if I screw the G6 Lite up I'd probably be a little bit happy because it would just give me the incentive to buy a better card. I really do want to fix this though, if cleaning doesn't work I'll probably try switching the shell again, see if that works.

Anyways, I'll post back my results on cleaning, etc tomorrow.

6. CrEsPo
    OP

Canada
    Sorry for the late reply, got kind of busy and couldn't find time to play around with the G6 Lite. Anyways, results are in and cleaning the card didn't work [​IMG]. Also I tried swapping the chip between cases again and that also didn't work [​IMG].

Any more ideas?