G6 Lite cheat fuctions

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Remy, Sep 15, 2007.

Sep 15, 2007

G6 Lite cheat fuctions by Remy at 8:10 AM (1,682 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Remy
    OP

Member Remy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Howdy y'all

I'm thinking about getting a g6 lite. How's the cheat functions on this cart? Say for GBA games, can i use Codebreaker or gameshark codes? I plan on using this mainly for GBA roms btw...

Or can anyone recommend another cart with great cheat function?

Thanks in advance!

2. MitchStar

Newcomer MitchStar Advanced Member

United States
    I've got a g6 lite and its got a ton of cheat options you can use for GBA games. First off, it comes with a crapload of .cht files that have cheats for tons of games that you can choose to use or not. Secondly, for games that it doesnt have a .cht file for, you can use an emu like visual boy advance and load cheats onto the game, then save and transfer your saved game to your g6 lite.

3. DavidBeoulve

Newcomer DavidBeoulve Member

United States
    Ah! How do you transfer the save, MitchStar?

4. MitchStar

Newcomer MitchStar Advanced Member

United States
    1. play the rom on VBA and enter the codes you want.
    2. save the game as you NORMALLY would. DO NOT use save state. Saving normally makes a .sav file in the folder where the game is.
    3. Find that .sav file. I'm not sure if you need to convert it (its been a long time since I've done this) but try putting it on the U disk manager without converting it first. If that doesnt work, use this:
    http://www.shunyweb.info/index.php

5. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    sadly you cannot use codebreaker or action replay cheat codes, you cannot use any cheat devices that plug into your gba slot becasue the g6 lite wll just freeze, there seems to be plenty of games that have trainers so it's not completly bad, it's hard to tell what the code actually does most of the time becasue it's transulated into very poor english.

oh and gamesaves suck imo, a complete waste of time, you can try to make your own trainers for the g6 lite but the feature really dosn't work at all, i've tried many times before in the past and the gba game simply wouldn't load so you are pretty much stuck wth the premade trainers.