G6 Lite broken?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by FrozenOne23, Oct 30, 2007.

Oct 30, 2007

G6 Lite broken? by FrozenOne23 at 9:53 AM (967 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. FrozenOne23
    OP

Member FrozenOne23 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Hello everyone,

so I connected my G6 lite again to the PC this morning. The first thing I noticed was this:

[​IMG]

as you probarly see it shows up as 2 "removable drives" at my computer when I connect the G6 Lite to my pc. I formatted it (as FAT and later as FAT32) but it was still the same. When I opened up the contents of one of the G6 Lite disks (station I: in this case) it was empty (doh, I formatted it). I then copied some files to it and after that I opened up the other disk, J:. The contents where there too. I looked at the control panel of my pc, at systems/hardware management. It showed me this:

[​IMG]

The first drive is the G6 lite, the second one is my hard drive and the third one.... [​IMG] what's that?! It seems like that's "also" my g6 lite because when I remove it it doesn't show up anymore. I uninstalled both "G6 lite disks" but when I connected it to the USB port again I have 2 drives again. [​IMG] I also tried different USB ports and I tried it on different PC's but still the same thing. After that I updated the firmware of the G6 lite but it didn't help anything. The G6 lite still works in the DS but I can't write any games to it using the U-DISK manager. MPutility doesn't work either (stops at initialize device).

Can someone help me out? [​IMG]

Thank you, Mark

2. FrozenOne23
    OP

Netherlands
    UPDATE:

Now it doesn't show up as 2 drives anymore, it shows up as one but now it asks to format when I try to access it, I click yes and it sais "there is no disk in the drive, place a disk in the drive" (or something, it's in Dutch [​IMG]) When I put the G6 in my DS the top screen shows "Touchpad for G6 Flash" the lower screen is black. I already cleaned the golden fingers numerous times and it still isn't working.

3. scandal_uk

Member scandal_uk GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    You mentioned formatting it as FAT32? It should just be the old FAT 16.

Have you still got it formatted as FAT32?

4. FrozenOne23
    OP

Netherlands
    Yea I formatted it as FAT32 before, when it was still working. There is no problem in formatting it as fat32 because the only thing you can't using fat32 is updating the loader.

5. scandal_uk

United Kingdom
    Oh, OK.

Still it seems strange that the PC can access it but the DS hangs on initialisation...

6. FrozenOne23
    OP

Netherlands
    Yea I hate it and don't know what to do, I already mailed G6 Flash so I just wait up what they will say.

7. scandal_uk

United Kingdom
    The G6 Team often post on here, they will post you a message if they catch this topic.

8. g6team

Member g6team GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hong Kong
    Now that you gain access to the PC connection can you format it again? Or you did format it but it hangs on loading during ds boot up right?

9. FrozenOne23
    OP

Netherlands
    I tried to format it numerous times but it sais "Insert a disk in drive I:" I reinserted the G6 in the U-DISK burner again, and again, and again but it just wouldn't "connect". On a other PC I've got the same problem, MPutility doesn't work either. Golden fingers are clean and when I boot it in my DS Lite I only get "Touchpad for g6 flash" on the top screen, lower screen is black.

10. g6team

Member g6team GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hong Kong
    Have you tried this?

"Access G6 via DS
    Press Y
    When green writing appears press L+R+START+SELECT
    AGREE TO ERASE THE MAIN MEMORY
    When complete switch off DS
    Plug G6 into computer and format to FAT
    Using official mputility and with G6 still plugged into PC let MPutility work its magic it takes about 10 mins.
    Safely disconnect G6 from PC
    Reconnect G6 to PC
    Put back all official folders if you so desire.
    Put the update files onto the root
    Safely disconnect from computer
    Plug back into DS and update (Press Y 'green writing' press A+B+Start+Select and agree.)"

11. FrozenOne23
    OP

Netherlands
    Great! That did the job [​IMG]
    Thank you so much, didn't know that trick, I will keep that in mind [​IMG]

12. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    you dont need to update everytime you do this to recover ur G6.
    and i believe you dont need to format it with windows, MPutility does things.