Hacking G6 lite available for preorder

ole jason

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand it either. Winsunx is always at least $18 cheaper than everyone else anyway. Most north american sites charge $7-10 to ship a flash cart, which is pretty unreasonable. You could ship a cart via usps priority mail for around $3.

gokong

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Regarding WinsunX.. how is their return policy, do you have to pay to ship it back to them if there was a defect or something? I would love to get the new G6..

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Te G6 looks like a good buy in my opion. But Ive heard that it somehow will work with other non DSlite hardware.

How the heck could it?
Its too small.

I love things compact and nothing sticking out of my DS, but I like something to work for everything just incase I need it too.
Dont wanna spend hours trying to get a G6 w/o GBA support to support GBA games when I need it to. Not that I would much, but for the money, it better.

Still though, the sizes are all too small. 1Gigabyte is needed for music and I really wanna do that with my DS. SylphDS is fun, but I need music away from home.
Also the whold SD card reader thing looks cool and usefull and all, but it takes up more of my presoius battery power. Though not much if I know what Im talking about.

Plus the G6 as a flash drive is something that cuaght my interest in the first place. Just wish it was bigger.
With that note SD card readers sound alot better. But a big mess for me since I dont mess with the cards much.

As Ive always said before though, it would be better to wait for a REAL DS flashcard or even one that has a slot for miniSD cards. Nice compact and a free GBA slot. Worth the wait.

But with my EZFA becoming a bit obsolete for my uses, (darn homebrew is getting too SD card dependant.) Im gonna have to buy a new cart soon.

Heres hoping that the G6 lite gets atleast two gigs max and perhaps a small adapter or a removable top half to work with older hardware. (the old DS mainly, GBA is a plus)

Kartel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
i think the ez4L cartridge is cooler looking...plus i like the external memory, dont care about loading times i also bought a faster card (ultra II sandisk -- with more updates to the ez4 client the loading times will decrease as well)..i can use one cart now and use separate memory cards for gba, ds, music, etc. and easily store them all in my little ds carrying case rather than spending money on a whole new mp3 player and 4 dif flash carts...the g6 lite is nice cuz it fits perfectly flush like the slot holder, but the problem for me at least is aesthetics (not saying the g6 is bad though)..and i'd like for the cartridge im playing games with to at least look like a game cartridge and not a dustcover..if i want a dustcover ill put the one that came with my ds lite back in..i dont care if my dustcover plays games or not...the design is too blah and boring i think..i havent heard ne1 complain about compatability with the ez4lite cept for tony hawk (which is a horrible game neway --Â at least imo) ... the only thing (that doesnt bother me so much as ive flashed my lite) but its bugging me that with all the confusion regarding passkey devices to work with ez4lite that ez team hasnt announced putting out their own passkey device yet or at least make an announcement that so and so's version of a plug and play passkey will be the one they focus on making updates to their software on to make it work perfectly with the ez4..i guess time will tell.

lmao @ this whole post

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ppl dont buy things they think are ugly..and i think the ds lite dust cover makes for an ugly flash cart as there was nothing in terms of design and look put into it besides copying nintendo (im a fan of the art on games/carts as well -- so that prob factors into my opinion as well).

I say 99% of the people in this board will prefer the form factor of G6 lite over the EZflash lite. The only reason why people bought the EZflash lite is becuase of the use of micro SD.

The G6lite is not really copying nintendo. The reason why G6 lite is exactly like the dust cap is to complete the clean line sleek look of the DS lite.

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i never said the ppl of this forum agreed with me nor do i care. if u read what i said i said I personally liked the look of the ez4Lite over the design that is the DS lite slot holder/dust cover...like i said in my post i was only stating my opinion (not what i think the opinion of others should be) and have no intention on bad mouthing the g6 as its functionality is supposed to be excellent..only was stating the reasons why i liked the ez cart..no need to take it personally. I like the nice clean sleek look when im not playing it (which is what the dustcover that comes with it accomplishes)...when i am playing it i could care less for the most part what it looks like as i'll be playing the game and not staring at the rest of the ds lite or some 1 cm gap that makes no difference whether its showing or not. the only thing that did bother me was the size of a standard gba cartridge jutting out of the bottom where it is ridculously noticable, and the ez4 lite solves that problem as well...also if you got the impression i was coming across as snobbish or pushy that was not my intention as i did make the point to say that i was only stating an opinion and never said that what i thought was better than what any1 else thought.

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I might have offended you, sorry about that. I didn't take it personally, I just felt that your opinion was rather unique/strange. I don't know anyone who prefer the form factor of EZflashlite (sticks out 0.8mm) over the G6 lite (completely flush, even has the extra length of sheld thingy to cover the whole slot).

I wasn't trying to convert you into getting G6 lite or anything. I'm just stating what was obvious. Most people only prefer the G6lite becuase it completed the sleek look that the DSlite started (who doesn't want external memory that's at least 1GIG?).

Ezflash 4 lite is a good product. first of its kind to get the form factor that we desired but G6lite perfected it (altho it uses onboard memory as opposed to microSD). I don't think M3 micro SD will ever be smaller than the EzFlash lite unless someone comes up with a smaller external memory card (just like the era where G6 was GBA cart size compared to M3/Supercard CF/SD. M3 can't even make mini SD into GBA cart size @_@.

XxMxVxPxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might have offended you, sorry about that. I didn't take it personally, I just felt that your opinion was rather unique/strange. I don't know anyone who prefer the form factor of EZflashlite (sticks out 0.8mm) over the G6 lite (completely flush, even has the extra length of sheld thingy to cover the whole slot).

I wasn't trying to convert you into getting G6 lite or anything. I'm just stating what was obvious. Most people only prefer the G6lite becuase it completed the sleek look that the DSlite started (who doesn't want external memory that's at least 1GIG?).

Ezflash 4 lite is a good product. first of its kind to get the form factor that we desired but G6lite perfected it (altho it uses onboard memory as opposed to microSD). I don't think M3 micro SD will ever be smaller than the EzFlash lite unless someone comes up with a smaller external memory card (just like the era where G6 was GBA cart size compared to M3/Supercard CF/SD. M3 can't even make mini SD into GBA cart size @_@.
awwww
biggrin.gif

i agree i dont see why anybody would care what it looks like but if i can id much rather it look like something is there that is supposed to. even gba game just dont look like there supposed to be there

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there were a retailer selling it w/o $18-20 extra for shipping, I'd jump on this.

very soon there will be. of course, they'll charge an extra $20 or $25, and then you'll get cheaper shipping.

I do still prefer jandaman when I can get what I want from his stock ... easier, cheaper, and quicker to deal with if something goes wrong.

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@yuwing

lol ok cool as long as we're on the same page, i hate msg boards (or any online communication) as u cant ever tell the tone of voice it wouldve been spoken with...but yeah the big catch with ez4Lite for me is the external memory. If the price drops a little for the g6 eventually i think i may pick one up for kicks as i love little gadgets and little accesories like this
smile.gif

also in regards to the m3 lite with microSD...it will most likely have the same .8mm sticking out due to the space required within the shell to fit the memory card slot?? b/c if thats the case then at least it wasnt a lazy blunder on the part of the ez team to neglect such a miniscule task.

as for the g6..will they be releasing a bigger cart (memory wise?)...id be fine with an 8gigbit cart (1GB microSD = same thing)..the reason i like that much is so i can carry a nice collection of games with me with very minimal switching of any kind of cartridge.

ckjong

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FYI,

The USB interface for G6Lite is of version 1.1, not version 2.0.

So transferring ROMs for your PC to the G6L could be a bit on the slow side.

Other than that, loading and running the ROMs from G6L should be lighting fast!

AshsToAshs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.winsunx.com/list.php?mod=734
Winsunx added this all of a sudden, labelled G6 Lite Pro, so I went ahead and preordered it. Total to U.S. (including shipping and PayPal fee): $75.23
Found in the Product Info:
"It will fit into the GBA cartridge slot of the DS Lite without any extending.
It is good fit & compatible with all NDSL consoles.(So it is only for NDS Lite)
Perfect compatibility with DS game, Media, Music, Photo, eBook....But without the GBA game function. "

thanks why it costs less.

-Ash-

PS: didnt notice till now, but it also says:
"G6 Team release the G6 Lite at 29th JUNE"
DAMNIT... thats so longgggggg
cry.gif

XxMxVxPxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, not sure what i should get. but i guess i dont play gba games anymore so theres my answer. but the 29th?? grrr, how long will it take me to recieve it here in the us. anybody who orderd from he before please tell

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?