G6 is really giving me too many problems...

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Euphoria, Jun 23, 2007.

Jun 23, 2007
  1. Euphoria
    OP

Newcomer Euphoria Member

United States
    I just received my G6, which you may have known already. I succefully copied my Pokemon Pearl save to my G6 using the G6's save backup tool. It copied it to my Pokemon Pearl.0 file.

Now I can't figure how to get it to run on my R4. I tried using Shuny's converter, but got nothing.

Another problem however is GBA mode. I went into GBA mode and when I click the Games folder, it says "Press any key to enter".

I press a button and I now see the cursor, but also I still have the G6 Flash Evolution Loader screen there... and I can't seem to fix it.

I formatted, the used MPUtility, then formatted again. I tried many things but I can't get this to work anymore.

Seriously... for the $95 I paid for this thing, it's so damn unreliable. It corrupted at least 6 times already, resulting in constant reformatting.

Also, I copy my game to the G6, pokemon pearl for example. The rom is 64MB, but when I transfer it to my G6 using U-Disk manager, the rom is then over 460MB. Final Fantasy VI Advance is a 8MB rom, when saved using the G6 U-Disk manager... it is 64MB. Why is this????

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The G6 is displaying the file size in megabits. 64 megabytes = 512 megabits. 8 megabytes = 64 megabits.

As for the other problems, I don't know. I never experienced anything like that with my G6. You could try doing the steps in this thread and see if that helps.

If nothing fixes it I suppose the cart might be defective.

3. Euphoria
    OP

Newcomer Euphoria Member

United States
    I checked the xxxx.0 file from the G6 Lite with Hexshop and it shows all F's.

No idea if this is good or bad, but if it's a bad thing, that would be odd as the xxxx.0 file loads up perfectly on my Pokemon Pearl rom using my G6 Lite.

4. Golds

Member Golds Old Member

United States
    pulling the g6 out without "safely removing" the device will also cause bad things to happen.

maybe its time to put pokemon away and try something new. Like.. umm... chocobo tails or something

5. Euphoria
    OP

Newcomer Euphoria Member

United States
    Alright, I just successfully transfered my Pokemon Pearl save to my R4 and have it working 100%.

Now to figure out this Final Fantasy VI Advance save... which I want most of all.