G6 GBA Problems

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by kingeightsix, Oct 24, 2006.

Oct 24, 2006

G6 GBA Problems by kingeightsix at 5:21 AM (764 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. kingeightsix
    OP

Member kingeightsix GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    i've had my g6 lite for about... 2 months? maybe a little longer, can't recall. it plays fine and i transfer games back & forth fine but in the past 2 weeks, i've been encountering problems while playing games (i use a gb micro, btw). while i was playing final fantasy tactics advance, the cart accidentally got pulled out from one side. i turned of the system asap and turned it back on to see if there were any problems, none. a couple days later i was playing ultimate spider man, it froze out of nowhere. it froze again once back on final fantasy tactics advance. when it freezes, there is a screeching noise from the speaker (it's not too loud but it's noticable even if you don't pay attention to it)... i just turn off the micro and turn it back on after the crash so it seems like a minor problem...

i guess what i'm trying to ask here is if this is common or should i really be worried? i do take good care of my belongings (i follow instructions carefully)... but just that once i had the cart slide out a bit... i'm kinda scared.

2. htoxad

Member htoxad GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Could be bad dumps or patching went wonky.
    Some roms will lock up like that. It's not a problem with your cart.

3. kingeightsix
    OP

Member kingeightsix GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    well, the dumps are fine i think... and i didn't have to do any patching... i've been playing these games for a while... played ffta for 2 months here and there... and usm for about 2 weeks here and there... they never locked up before.

edit: i actually sram patch all my games... i don't know why i do it but i do... =\

4. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    Try cleaning your cart's contacts first (assuming you haven't already.) I've had mine for a couple of months and they're already a little gunked up.

5. JoerT

Newcomer JoerT Newbie

Netherlands
    I've heard about G6 going funky for no appearant reason. Mine hasn't done this before, but it has happened. There's software on the official download site to reformat your G6 (be sure to backup your saves mate ;p). According to many sources, this can fix most of your problems.