G6 GBA Icons

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by eXplorer, Apr 2, 2007.

Apr 2, 2007

G6 GBA Icons by eXplorer at 5:51 AM (2,737 Views / 0 Likes) 26 replies

1. eXplorer
    OP

Newcomer eXplorer Newbie

Finland
    Hi all [​IMG]

I have made a website where people can browse and send ICO-files for the G6 lite. You know, ICO-files are those little icons in your game menu, which you click when you want to play a game [​IMG]

The site features automatic ICO-creation from PNG and JPG-files. It has a search feature to search for a specific game(s). You can also just browse all the icons.

In future I could add a real time -search, support for other image formats, automatic image resizing, support for DS icons and so on.. let's see how interested people are first. [​IMG] Btw if someone wants the support for uploading ICO files, tell me.

Everything should work but if something doesn't, please reply to this thread or send me a PM or mail me to xplorer [at] mbnet.fi.

The address of the site is:

g6icons.homeip.net

I hope you guys send all the great icons you have made and share them with all of us. [​IMG]

-eXplorer-

2. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    sweet man! hope this is a big hit!!! I'll find all my icons and post them!

3. gatorade

Member gatorade GBAtemp Regular

United States
    great work!

4. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    nice site, although there isn't much icon's there atm.

5. eXplorer
    OP

Newcomer eXplorer Newbie

Finland
    That's exactly something I wanted to hear [​IMG]

There ain't many icons yet because I just received my G6 recently so I haven't had many games in it yet. But I will of course add every icon I make to the database and I hope you do so too [​IMG]

6. jalaneme

United Kingdom
    any chance of some goomba emu icons?

edit: don't worry i will make some [​IMG]

updated, enjoy.

7. eXplorer
    OP

Newcomer eXplorer Newbie

Finland
    Cool homebrew icons, thanks [​IMG] I think I will be making some more icons this weekend too.

8. khan

Member khan GBAtemp Maniac

Pakistan
    Was about to post a new thread asking for it...Thanks for all your effort.

9. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    how i can change icons of DS games?

10. fuctfuct

Member fuctfuct GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Browsing though and i saw Mario land remake !! Never heard of this ... looks cool.

Not gonna bother asking where to find it as im not sure of its legality. *starts looking* hehe

11. jerbob92

Newcomer jerbob92 Advanced Member

Netherlands
    i think it is someone that just replaced all the sprites or something and moved them, it's not legal i think, but if you put backup games on your G6 that you didn't own you are illegal too xD

12. khan

Member khan GBAtemp Maniac

Pakistan
    I have uploaded loads of GBA icons on that website so now it does not look so empty.

13. h8uthemost

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    How do you save these as an Icon File? I'm not seeing anything like that in PS.

Thanks.

EDIT: I put the ICO plugin in my File Formats folder in PS, but the ICO file option isn't coming up when I go to save an image.

14. jalaneme

United Kingdom

choose the icon you want from the website, right click save as, put your gba game on the g6 lite, and then when you have finished doing that open the drive letter that your g6 lite is connected to and find the game name, when you do find the game name look for the .ico extension of the game, select it and copy the name of the .ico file paste the name into the new downloaded .ico file, delete the old one and drag and drop the new customised .ico file into where the game .ico originally was, eject your g6 lite and turn it on, go to gba section and you should see your new customised icon there.

you should have the .ico extension by default when you installed the g6 lite disk manager, if you don't try saving it anyway and then rename it to .ico when you download it.

15. h8uthemost

United States
    Thank you for your help jalaneme. I got it figured out. But...what I need to know now is the size I should save the icon in.

When I highlight the icons that's already in the G6, it doesn't tell me the size. Neither does going into Properties.

So would you happen to know the correct size to save these in?

Thanks.

EDIT: Oh, and I wasn't talking about how to get the icons to save in the G6 Lite, I wasn't trying to get them to save in Photoshop(PS). [​IMG]

EDIT AGAIN: Nevermind. I found it, it says on his site. I overlooked it before.

16. jalaneme

United Kingdom
    i don't think you really need to know the size of the ico file because all the icons on that website are ready for you to use without you doing anything else to them.

as far as i know, you can't open them in photoshop either as the files are encrypted.

17. h8uthemost

United States
    No no, I"m creating my own icons, because there are some games that I have, that he doesn't have icons for.

But I found out the dimensions, it said on his site. But when I save it myself as a .ico and put it on my G6, it doesn't show up(and I name it the same as the games name). And for some reason when I try and upload either the .png or .jpg to his site for icon creator, it tells me it had a problem making the icon.

Not sure what the problem is.

18. jalaneme

United Kingdom
    there seems to be a missing file or something that is supposed to take care of converting the file to the .ico format, like i said before it's up to the owner to fix it.

19. h8uthemost

United States
    Yeah, this is the message everytime I try to upload one to the site:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/tmp/upload/Untitled-2 copy.png) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/g6icons/add.php on line 40

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpp5qVbH' to '/tmp/upload/Untitled-2 copy.png' in /var/www/g6icons/add.php on line 40
    Sorry, there was a problem uploading your file.

And I noticed that all the icons on my G6 Lite are at 7.52kb. And the ones I make myself in PS, are like 12kb. So I"m not quite sure how to get them down to 7.52kb. But that's probably why the ones that I make aren't showing up in my menu.

EDIT: Ah...ok. So it's the site and not me. Ok, thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. Now I gotta see how to get my icons down to 7.52.

Thanks again.

20. jalaneme

United Kingdom
    the file i uploaded just now was 4.64kb i don't think it's a file size issue because the website in the past has converted it the right filesize and everything, don't worry about the error message as it's not on your side, it's the website itself, i had no problems before uploading .ico files using the same settings i always have done.